Bowls

Johnny

Nov 27, 2012
Parrots
Ciry, Kira - B&G
Hello there!

So just today, I noticed that Ciry grabbed her bowl at the top of her cage, and (LOL I DONT KNOW HOW DID SHE MANAGED IT) poured the seed, pellets and nuts mix from that bowl into bowl 50cm next to it, with water. Then she dropped the bowl.

Then later in the day, she repeatedly took the bowl with the mix and dropped it down from the perch. I dont really know what she means by doing that, I clearly showed her not to do it, yet she did it again and again (totally like 5 times, only 1 time with the water thingy)

So is she just having fun by taking the bowl and dropping it, or what? She is doing quite a mess here, one time she looked like she wants to fly away with it LOL. Also, the bowl is inserted into circular holder, so it is not THAT easy to get it out, yet she has no problems with that :)

I just wonder why she does that. So please if anyone has experience with this, or knows something, please share :)

PS: I know that they often puts pellets into water, so they can soak, but really, whole bowl woth seeds and nuts?

Yep, just a macaw having fun & learning a new 'game' to play. Macaws are very good at taking bowls out of the holders. You have to remember they can unlock their doors, even on cages that claim it is escape proof! They can also break welds on their cages, so a bowl is 'child's play' to them.

There are bowls that are made to where it has to be lifted up then straight out that some go to to keep busy beaks from dumping their food. I haven't used them yet, just read about some who went to using them. I am not sure everywhere you can get them, but I do know that The Tractor Supply Store sells them in the pet dept. I think there are kinds you can order from bird sites also, I just haven't researched them. You may have to go to something like that in the future.

WEEEEE new game Yea:eek::D Just remember and repeat after me THEY ARE ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD OF ME. And if you find a solution they will find away to beat it. Fun is fun.:rolleyes::) Good luck:)

Johnny: It appears that Ciry decided she likes to make soup :11:;). And that's the best way to make some REALLY THICK soup! :rolleyes:. Salsa and Maynard just love to make soup, too... it's such fun :)

Haha okay thanks ! :D lets cook then : ))

My macaw keeps crapping in his water bowl. I moved the perch that was above it so now he craps in it when he is standing on top of his cage instead.

I even found a bit of crap on my pc monitor last week which completely baffles me as to how it got there. The only explanation I can think of is he must have fired one off whilst flying. Meaning there could be crap literally anywhere in my living room.

welcome to the wonderful world of Macaws! :D

I've tried metal tie wire over the bowls to no avail, they can snap it in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:

One cage has very tight fitting bowls WITH setscrews in them......doesn't stop them either. :54:

Those "twist and lock" crock bowls? :30: Child's play for them. :p

It's like a game to them; try and stop me! :eek:

I have yet to find a way to keep from this happening, it's just part of the "joys" of having a Macaw. :D

Welcome to my world LOL

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back