Taking water bowl out of holder and dumping it

Mmcneely

Jan 27, 2024
Parrots
Cockatoo, Quaker and cockatiels
My cockatoo I have owned for 24 years has recently started taking his water bowl out of holder and dumping multiple times a day. I have tried several new bowls and holders and he has managed to get those out also. Does anyone know of a bottle that might work? We lost our African grey last February and there cages had been side by side for 24 years he is probably acting out because he is sad and lonely.

Jan 21, 2024
Parrots
Green cheek conure
I wouldnā€™t really recommend a water bottle for parrots because those aren't natural and donā€™t allow much water, but I use these:
https://a.co/d/6atHCVK which parrots cant dump because they clip into a perch, but
they may be too small for a cockatoo. if you can find a larger version of those it work great.
Sorry I canā€™t be more help!

OP
M

Mmcneely

Jan 27, 2024
Parrots
I wouldnā€™t really recommend a water bottle for parrots because those aren't natural and donā€™t allow much water, but I use these:
https://a.co/d/6atHCVK which parrots cant dump because they clip into a perch, but
they may be too small for a cockatoo. if you can find a larger version of those it work great.
Sorry I canā€™t be more help!
Thank you!

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
My cockatoo I have owned for 24 years has recently started taking his water bowl out of holder and dumping multiple times a day. I have tried several new bowls and holders and he has managed to get those out also. Does anyone know of a bottle that might work? We lost our African grey last February and there cages had been side by side for 24 years he is probably acting out because he is sad and lonely.
He probably is acting out from missing the African Grey. My godmothers cocky started plucking itself after the dog and cat died in quick succession.
I hope you find a solution

OP
M

Mmcneely

Jan 27, 2024
Parrots
He probably is acting out from missing the African Grey. My godmothers cocky started plucking itself after the dog and cat died in quick succession.
I hope you find a solution
Thank you!

Most Reactions