Bringing birds outside

ZoeS

Oct 4, 2011
I live in the country so I could never bring my birds outside unprotected (also, they could fly away) but I was wondering if I could bring their cages outside for some sun? They are big cages but on castors so it should be easy enough to move them.

So, is this safe, or is bio-security an issue? This would only be when we are outside with them, of course. Is there a safe temperature range for them? How many of you have built separate, outdoor flights for them to be in when it's nice out?

I have a large cage for Codie that I keep in the garden... she is out there all day with me when it is Sunny :) I just drape a white sheet over the top of the Cage, so the sun is not directly on her all the time! She loves it out there :)

I also have a cage outside for Maxx, that I just transfer him for indoor cage to outdoor cage. He is under a patio so it is mostly shade, but he gets a few hours of sun a day. He LOVES being outside. I spend my days off and a couple hours a day after work outside with him.

inside cage

31912-2.jpg

outside cage

4112-1.jpg

outside.jpg

Mango8.jpg

Last edited:
I built an outdoor aviary with my dad and all my fids use it when it is nice outside. It is 6'T x 4'W x 8'L and I just put perches and food bowls in it and my birds can stay out for as long as they want. I also put a piece of plywood on the top of 1/3 of the aviary so they can go into the shade if they want. I also put a big bird bath in there so they can play in that but they have yet to use it.

Most Reactions

Back