Bug spray

Lemon Bird

Sep 4, 2021
Parrots
I have two budgies.
I sprayed my room with bug spray yesterday because of spiders and mosquitoes, of course with birds in another room. I left the fan on and the window and door open for a few hours and the fan's been on all day, is it okay to let the birds in the room? I didn't spray the bug spray directly onto any objects just in the air.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Use of pesticides, especially indoors where the parrot will be in contact with sprayed surfaces, is highly NOT recommended. Parrots have such health dependent respiratory systems that anything that compromises it is to be avoided. Since its already done, I would suggest that cage, perches and and toys or feeding dishes etc, be sterilized or at the least washed and scrubbed well with a very mild soap and a lot of rinsing with clean water. Any thing or surface the parrot will have access to should be cleaned and rinsed well - they put their beaks and toungs and feet on everything in their environment.

OP
L

Lemon Bird

Sep 4, 2021
Parrots
I have two budgies.
Use of pesticides, especially indoors where the parrot will be in contact with sprayed surfaces, is highly NOT recommended. Parrots have such health dependent respiratory systems that anything that compromises it is to be avoided. Since its already done, I would suggest that cage, perches and and toys or feeding dishes etc, be sterilized or at the least washed and scrubbed well with a very mild soap and a lot of rinsing with clean water. Any thing or surface the parrot will have access to should be cleaned and rinsed well - they put their beaks and toungs and feet on everything in their environment.
Okay thank you so much! None of the parrots things came in contact with the bug spray luckily, I'll just be careful from now on.

Most Reactions

Latest posts