Cage

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
Hey everyone I have a question about my birds cage. He has tons and tons of toys is always out but I noticed that he chewed the bars on his cage. I am planning on getting a HQ flight cage in may but what can I do for now is it ok for now. I donā€™t want to put him in any harm or such. Thank you!

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
It's generally ok if he does this UNLESS-and this is a big "unless"-the cage has coating on the bars. Obviously you should never get a cage with anything toxic, but almost any coating can be dangerous if ingested.
Try foraging toys. Treats are the solution to anything!
Or maybe you can let him out in rooms far away from his cage so he can't chew it.

OP
Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Theo_the _best_birb!!!

Sep 22, 2021
It's generally ok if he does this UNLESS-and this is a big "unless"-the cage has coating on the bars. Obviously you should never get a cage with anything toxic, but almost any coating can be dangerous if ingested.
Or maybe you can let him out in rooms far away from his cage so he can't thanks
Or maybe you can let him out in rooms far away from his cage so he can't chew it.
Thanks for the quick reply! He usually doesnā€™t bug his cage when he out during the day itā€™s during the night . I have recently got some new foraging toys because we had to restock on toys after then all being destroyed so Iā€™ll see how that goes! Thank you

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts