Can someone identify this cage?

Ashmac

Aug 29, 2021
Hi all - Iā€™m looking for a small carrier cage for my lovebird for when I go get coffees with friends etc. and Iā€™m wondering if anyone can tell me what this carrier is?
Or does anyone have suggestions on ones they use for their tiny baby?
63723430-4885-4D68-B92E-DA5A5C205FC1.png

carrier.png

Attachments

• F3019A9B-76DC-463A-A84D-378E77C3B7C5.png
    F3019A9B-76DC-463A-A84D-378E77C3B7C5.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 99

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Hi,

Sorry, IĀ“ve never seen anything like that. It seems a good idea for a transport cage, nevertheless I am in doubt if hanging with your friends and you bird in a coffeshop is good for the bird.

Birds need to have some degree of confidence in their environment to stay calm. Big parrots are more relaxed to environment changing if they are in company with their humans, and making touch contact with them. Small parrots (the ones that would go in that box) could be quite nervous with all the changings in their nearby environment.

Maybe other members here can share their experiences, as my experience with bird pets and small travels is very limited.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Mmm. That cage gives me the heebie jeebies. From the first pic, the close-up, it looks like there are no sides, just those round sticks, right? In the close-up the spacing looks okay. But in the second pic which shows the whole thing, there are some much larger gaps between those side-sticks, both higher up and lower down. To me that cage appears pretty but not at all secure.

OP
A

Ashmac

Aug 29, 2021
Hi,

Sorry, IĀ“ve never seen anything like that. It seems a good idea for a transport cage, nevertheless I am in doubt if hanging with your friends and you bird in a coffeshop is good for the bird.

Birds need to have some degree of confidence in their environment to stay calm. Big parrots are more relaxed to environment changing if they are in company with their humans, and making touch contact with them. Small parrots (the ones that would go in that box) could be quite nervous with all the changings in their nearby environment.

Maybe other members here can share their experiences, as my experience with bird pets and small travels is very limited.
Depends on the bird of course - some are all for it, some aren't.

No different to the birdie backpacks and harnesses' - just depends on their level of comfort.

Based in Australia so outside dining is the norm too.

OP
A

Ashmac

Aug 29, 2021
Turns out it's from a Japanese company - had a look at it and the spacing etc. fine to be used just super $$$

It's a perspex at either end with the bars screwed into it acting as a cage - no less secure than others just not willing to part with circa $400/500 AUD for it ha!

Mmm. That cage gives me the heebie jeebies. From the first pic, the close-up, it looks like there are no sides, just those round sticks, right? In the close-up the spacing looks okay. But in the second pic which shows the whole thing, there are some much larger gaps between those side-sticks, both higher up and lower down. To me that cage appears pretty but not at all secure.

Most Reactions

Latest posts