Can't we all just get along...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
THIS is what well socialized macaws look (and act) like RIGHT HERE...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhfS7Zg8-ZU"]Rough Housing Parrots - YouTube[/ame]

Not just macaws! Kiwi loves that kind of "rough" stuff with my husband (he seems to prefer more 'gentle' activities with me). I know so many people in the avian community have a vendetta against the bird tricks people, but you have to admit they have really happy, healthy, social birds.

Not just macaws! Kiwi loves that kind of "rough" stuff with my husband (he seems to prefer more 'gentle' activities with me). I know so many people in the avian community have a vendetta against the bird tricks people, but you have to admit they have really happy, healthy, social birds.

Might be ignorant on my part but I don't understand that. You are right there birds always seem happy. I've not bought anything from them but there articles can be interesting.
At least they have not attached Wizard to there name.

My zons will, but they tend to lose control of their bite pressure when you get them all riled up... big macs don't so much... get them as riled up as you please. The most they will do is pinch.

I'm not all that impressed by some of their sales stuff... (for the most part he is advocating the same two perch training we all use) but come on, when you look at these birds, how can you NOT say this is the way they're supposed to behave?!

Did the macaws bite the dog? No.

Did they chase the kids, or bite them? No.

Did they go to one person, and refuse to go to someone else? No.

Did they allow you to touch all over, and roll around? Yes.

Did they fly to you on cue, even outside, flighted? Yes.

Will they rough house and play with you and everyone else without drawing blood?! Yes.

I HATE TO SAY THIS, BUT UNFORTUNATELY, THE MAJORITY OF MACAW OWNERS CANNOT SAY THAT.

I'd venture to guess, that something approximating HALF the macaw owners out there don't let their birds out of the cage because they can't even friggin' handle them!!!

AND I LOOK AT THIS, AND MINE, AND SAY THAT'S JUST SAD FOR EVERYONE... BECAUSE THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF YOU'RE MISSING OUT ON!!!

Last edited:
I always enjoy seeing them interacting with their birds:) They all seem like such social, healthy, happy birds . We've *almost* got Kiwi to that point (just need to get him a little more tolerant of strangers). With birds though, you get *exactly* what you put in.

Our little 'roughhousing' monster:
DSC_8014_zpsikwjcede.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back