Chamomile tea for parrots

May 17, 2020
I bought organic chamomile tea for my parrot how would I go about making it for him. I dont drink tea in general so yeah.

If you purchased the tea bags, you warm water and seep the bag. Then pour half of the just seeped tea into a separate cup and dilute with water, cool before giving to your bird.

You could even "share" the tea with your bird...like take a sip (or pretend), make it a big deal (MMmm this is so good! Would you like some?) then offer the cup to your bird. It's a great bonding experience and you could make it a routine a couple to a few days a week.

Chamomile is excellent for stress in parrots and for feather plucking

Great advice above, let the bag sit in a cup of hot water for about 3 to 4 minutes. There’s no need to dilute the tea if you simply use double the amount of water you’re supposed to use. Under most circumstances you’re supposed to you step in about 6 to 8 ounces of water per bag. However if you do 16 ounces of water per bag you’re more than fine.

You also have the option of giving it dry. Just cut up in the bag and spread the dry leaves over your birds food. I gave avian tea to me very, but I quit steeping it long ago. He really goes after the dry stuff.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back