Checking in with Albert and Ricky!!

Angelesse

Mar 14, 2018
New Jersey, USA
Parrots
Male Panama Amazon, age 32
Male Cockatiel, aprx. 15
Hello again everyone~! I'm the young lady whom posted a bit back about my moving situation with my Panama Amazon and Cockatiel <3 To recap for those whom don't know, I moved into a basement apartment and was asked for a lot of different advice, which everyone lovingly shared with me~!

I wanted to let everyone know it's been almost two weeks now, the move went smoothly as it could be, and my boys are adjusting a million times better than I could have ever hoped for! They were out and about in about a day and they seem even more comfortable here than where we lived before! Unreal xD

Waiting for real spring to arrive so I can get them outside in the sunshine <3 The lighting is kinda crap with my two little windows as I expected, but as a lot has said from experience, they don't seem to really mind as long as I have a lamp on and the flock is together<3 Also, making perogies a couple times a week for snack doesn't hurt xD

I'm going to wait about a month or so and start trimming back Albert's collar to hopefully wean him off it as he gets more comfortable(recap on this also: Albert started mutilating early last year and loves his "poncho" as his own feathers. He gets mad when I pet it lol) Thanks again everyone for the comfort and love and I'll continue to post xxx :gcc::grey:

Ub9o07k.jpg

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
So glad to hear that the move went well! They look happy in their digs, and I’m sure that they are happy to be with you :). Looking forward to hearing more as you continue to settle in.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Great news! Looking forward to hearing more [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So glad you kept your boys:) They look quite content in that photo. Parrots do not stay in the same area of the jungle their whole lives, they move over vast ranges but they do stay within the same flock their whole lives. Most parrots adjust well after moves so long as their owner(s) and flock mates are there with them in the new home.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Good to hear from you and the boys. I am glad the move went well.

Most Reactions