Chop storage

Spook241

Sep 5, 2022
How do you store your chop?

I have only 1 bird so If I don't freeze my chop then there is a lot of wastage. But I'm trying to figure out the best way to freeze it, I have a vacuum sealer but using it for smaller portions would make the bags quite expensive. I was thinking of getting a container box that you can vacuum seal however then the chop would freeze in one big block rather than individual portions.

Maybe hearing how others store theirs will give me some ideas on how I can store mine better.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Maybe you could try freezing individual portions in an ice cube tray, then taking them out and vacuum sealing the chunks in a bag for longer storage?

OP
S

Spook241

Sep 5, 2022
Maybe you could try freezing individual portions in an ice cube tray, then taking them out and vacuum sealing the chunks in a bag for longer storage?
That is a very good suggestion, think I will give this a try.

Thank you!

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
We freeze about 5 days worth in double seal freezer bags, and bash the hell out of it when its time to use it, to break it all up. We mix a broken up Nutraberrie or 2 into the individual serving, to absorb some of the water from thawing.

Most Reactions