Clipped sun conure

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I bought a young female sun conure at the end of December. She was last clipped in October. Itā€™s now May 1st and she still can not fly. Does anyone know how long it will take for her to be able to fly? Itā€™s really sad because my other sun conure has never been clipped and heā€™s an amazing flier. I know she wants to fly but she just falls gracefully. Any help or advice is appreciated!

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Basically not being even close to knowledgeable, i would think that after a molt the feathers, including flight feathers should grow in. My Sunny came to us clipped, had her molt and now is fully flighted tho still in ā€˜figure it out modeā€ but she has come far!! Have you experienced a molt with your sun?

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Basically not being even close to knowledgeable, i would think that after a molt the feathers, including flight feathers should grow in. My Sunny came to us clipped, had her molt and now is fully flighted tho still in ā€˜figure it out modeā€ but she has come far!! Have you experienced a molt with your sun?
I think that some of my sun conures feathers have come back but definitely not all of them. šŸ˜° She tries to fly but she still falls. Itā€™s very sad šŸ˜£

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
I would hope that after molt it will change. when Sunny molted, her/his flight feathers came out- little snipped off flight feathers. The new ones grew in and the flight has begun! Now zooming all over! But there was nothing but a controlled fall to ground until those flight feathers came in

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
i would really hope that is the case for your conure!

Most Reactions

Latest posts