Clipped sun conure

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
I bought a young female sun conure at the end of December. She was last clipped in October. It’s now May 1st and she still can not fly. Does anyone know how long it will take for her to be able to fly? It’s really sad because my other sun conure has never been clipped and he’s an amazing flier. I know she wants to fly but she just falls gracefully. Any help or advice is appreciated!

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Basically not being even close to knowledgeable, i would think that after a molt the feathers, including flight feathers should grow in. My Sunny came to us clipped, had her molt and now is fully flighted tho still in ‘figure it out mode” but she has come far!! Have you experienced a molt with your sun?

OP
S

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Basically not being even close to knowledgeable, i would think that after a molt the feathers, including flight feathers should grow in. My Sunny came to us clipped, had her molt and now is fully flighted tho still in ‘figure it out mode” but she has come far!! Have you experienced a molt with your sun?
I think that some of my sun conures feathers have come back but definitely not all of them. 😰 She tries to fly but she still falls. It’s very sad 😣

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
I would hope that after molt it will change. when Sunny molted, her/his flight feathers came out- little snipped off flight feathers. The new ones grew in and the flight has begun! Now zooming all over! But there was nothing but a controlled fall to ground until those flight feathers came in

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
i would really hope that is the case for your conure!

Most Reactions

Latest posts