Cockatiel tone gets rusty and harsh after evening. Need Help 😭

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi everyone. Can you please help me again? My cockatiel bird laid her eggs at least 7 days ago.
And it also took a bath on it's own. And I noticed her having harsh tone since then. It gets fine at morning and stays normal but when it's evening I hear her making a harsh tone which is also rusty.
I see her eating normally as well and doing everything. But sometimes I find her less active. Maybe she takes rest. But the main reason why I am posting a thread here is because I am concerned about her voice. Her vocal tone which isn't normal at night. I don't have a well known vet in my area so I can't take her there. Please tell me if I can help her with anything. Please. I really need help 😭😭🙏🙏

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
It's actually normal. I have a bird as well, it's a green ringneck. Since her harsh voice is temporally, then this tells me that she do not have a physical problems from her inside of vocal cord. As such, i think it is because of some mental issues. Make sure that she is getting proper diet since she recently laid eggs,
Okay sir. Thank you so much for your help 🙏. Thanks doctor 👌

Legendary Goku

Mar 10, 2024
Parrots
Ringneck

Hi everyone. Can you please help me again? My cockatiel bird laid her eggs at least 7 days ago.
And it also took a bath on it's own. And I noticed her having harsh tone since then. It gets fine at morning and stays normal but when it's evening I hear her making a harsh tone which is also rusty.
I see her eating normally as well and doing everything. But sometimes I find her less active. Maybe she takes rest. But the main reason why I am posting a thread here is because I am concerned about her voice. Her vocal tone which isn't normal at night. I don't have a well known vet in my area so I can't take her there. Please tell me if I can help her with anything. Please. I really need help 😭😭🙏🙏
My reply was left incomplete I don't know why, so I'll complete it.

So as i was saying, It's actually normal as far as i can think. I have a parrot as well. Since her harsh voice is temporally, then this tells me that she do not have a physical problems from her inside of vocal cord. Otherwise, she would've been having problems consistently. As such, i think it is because of some mental issues. Make sure that she is getting proper diet since she recently laid eggs, and needs proper diet to recover from it. Since laying eggs is no easy job. Furthermore, make sure she's getting enough atmosphere as well. In particular, i recommend you to put your parrot in sunlight and open environment more if she's having a lack of it. Since she'll feel more active this way. At the end, i think it's all normal. Since she's having this problem only sometimes throughout the day. It must be some mental related issue like frustration, unwell mood. So simply take well take care of her. Hoping the best for your parrot!

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
My reply was left incomplete I don't know why, so I'll complete it.

So as i was saying, It's actually normal as far as i can think. I have a parrot as well. Since her harsh voice is temporally, then this tells me that she do not have a physical problems from her inside of vocal cord. Otherwise, she would've been having problems consistently. As such, i think it is because of some mental issues. Make sure that she is getting proper diet since she recently laid eggs, and needs proper diet to recover from it. Since laying eggs is no easy job. Furthermore, make sure she's getting enough atmosphere as well. In particular, i recommend you to put your parrot in sunlight and open environment more if she's having a lack of it. Since she'll feel more active this way. At the end, i think it's all normal. Since she's having this problem only sometimes throughout the day. It must be some mental related issue like frustration, unwell mood. So simply take well take care of her. Hoping the best for your parrot!
Okay. Thank you. But well she wasn't like this before. She used to sound normal no matter what time it used to be. She has become like this after laying her eggs. Is it because she is matured now?

Most Reactions

Latest posts