Cockatiel shivering so much and closing eyes a lot after taking a bath on the second day of laying an egg. Need help please 😭

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello friends! I need some help again. My cockatiel bird laid her 3rd infertile egg yesterday and took a bath on it's own today. It's been like an hour since she took her bath but she's still shivering and not opening her eyes that much. I saw her walking normally and she came to me as well. There's no well known vet in the area where I live. I gave her sunlight to keep her warm. She's also not talking or making any sound. Can anyone please suggest me what to do in this situation?

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Hello friends! I need some help again. My cockatiel bird laid her 3rd infertile egg yesterday and took a bath on it's own today. It's been like an hour since she took her bath but she's still shivering and not opening her eyes that much. I saw her walking normally and she came to me as well. There's no well known vet in the area where I live. I gave her sunlight to keep her warm. She's also not talking or making any sound. Can anyone please suggest me what to do in this situation?
Give her time. It's a huge effort to lay just one egg and it takes a lot of energy out of the little hen. She probably just needs to rest now. Hopefully she's back to herself when she stops laying

OP
I

Ishita Alom

Feb 28, 2024
Parrots
Cockatiel
Give her time. It's a huge effort to lay just one egg and it takes a lot of energy out of the little hen. She probably just needs to rest now. Hopefully she's back to herself when she stops laying
Thank you so much for the help. I am glad to know it's fine

Most Reactions

Latest posts