cockatoo parts on Etsy..*warning*

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I am seriously in love with Russell! I think you chose an excellent icon of Australia to represent you. Well done! :D

"Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only, you can't see them because it's dark."

"As their name implies, saltwater crocs are found in salt water, but they are also found in fresh water, which is not what their name implies. It just goes to show you, they're not to be trusted!"

"Emus live alone or in pairs or in groups. Mostly, they feed at night. Or during the day." (NB. It's pronounced 'eem-you' with emphasis on 'eem').

"This is the Mitchell Track, named for the bloke who first opened up this area: Mitchell Track."

"This place gets more rain in twelve months than some places get in a year!"

"Tellya what! If there's one animal you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, it's a saltwater croc. Fortunately, they don't live in dark alleys, preferring salt water instead."

"These are endless plains that stretch as far as the eye can see. Even further with binoculars!"

Last edited:
OP
N

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
As far as this being a potential way for evil doers to make a "quick profit", I just don't see it. A cockatoo is worth more alive than parted out for 50$ here or 100$ there. Plus, these items took time, materials, skill, and experience to make. I just don't see this as a way to make quick cash.

Agreed. I've seen people make a few things here and there entirely not for profit, they mainly just seem to be 'points of interest pieces' and the majority of the time don't get sold.

Personally when I go out Kangaroo shooting we sometimes make back scratchers out of the arms as a novelty items for mates by sitting them in a Borax and petrol solution that removes all the moisture and sets them hard as a rock and never smell (which more than likely the cockatoo part sellers practiced the same thing).

I quite enjoy seeing a well taxedermied animal that has been obtained ethically, as they make extremely great educational pieces and many of the 'older generation' bird breeders I have visited have collections of weird and wonderful birds they have kept in the past and got them stuffed for educational purposes.

Anyway, as long as it hasn't been shot out of a tree without permit or poisoned I don't have any problems with it.

When I said "quick cash" I wasn't referring to the artist so much, as those who might see the artists work and think.. "hmm...there is a demand for this, and I just happen to have a huge, obnoxious supply in my back yard..."

"Professional taxidermists may sell or trade specimens they have prepared under licence. If you have a licence to hold a preserved species but do not want to keep the specimen, you are not permitted to sell or trade it. Email: [email protected]."

Noahs_Birds

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 24, 2019
Toowoomba/Highfields, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Yellow Sided GCC's, Rosa Bourkes Parrots, Full Red Fronted Turqoisine Parrots, Quaker Parrots 'Scomo PM' 'Jenny PM's wife', PLUS: Rare Finches, Doves and Quail
I am seriously in love with Russell! I think you chose an excellent icon of Australia to represent you. Well done! :D

"Some of the animals are nocturnal, so the best time to see them is at night. Only, you can't see them because it's dark."

"As their name implies, saltwater crocs are found in salt water, but they are also found in fresh water, which is not what their name implies. It just goes to show you, they're not to be trusted!"

"Emus live alone or in pairs or in groups. Mostly, they feed at night. Or during the day." (NB. It's pronounced 'eem-you' with emphasis on 'eem').

"This is the Mitchell Track, named for the bloke who first opened up this area: Mitchell Track."

"This place gets more rain in twelve months than some places get in a year!"

"Tellya what! If there's one animal you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley, it's a saltwater croc. Fortunately, they don't live in dark alleys, preferring salt water instead."

"These are endless plains that stretch as far as the eye can see. Even further with binoculars!"

Sounds like you've been rehearsing your lines :cool: Can't beat a good dose of Russel Coight!

'Flocks of countless birds too countless to count"

'This wide brown land is home to some of the most weird and wonderful flora and fauna, even plants and animals"

"This is Greg's hut, named after the man himself, Greg Hut"

Oooooh how we could recite the best Russel Coight lines all day!

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
We could, we could! Only, this group is for parrots as well as Alexandrines and Conures and Corellas and Bourkes and so on... ;)

Most Reactions