Color Changes

Lucky_Parrot

May 24, 2022
Parrots
A sun conure
My Sun conure is 4-5 months old and I’ve just bought it from the store recently. It’s all healthy and happy but there’s one thing I notice, when we first bought it, it was very colorful and then the color started to change. I thought it’s ok at first but it kind of got me worried as there’s these black colors showing on it. Someone please tell me if this is fine.

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Do you have any pictures from when you got her and now

Miamax10

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Phoenix ELECTUS parrot
Because if your sun conure looks like this it normal sometimes dark green can look like black inside

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-160857_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-160857_Samsung Internet.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 54

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My Sun conure is 4-5 months old and I’ve just bought it from the store recently. It’s all healthy and happy but there’s one thing I notice, when we first bought it, it was very colorful and then the color started to change. I thought it’s ok at first but it kind of got me worried as there’s these black colors showing on it. Someone please tell me if this is fine.
Babies can be very hard on their feathers. If after a moult the feathers are still black, I would recommend a vet visit to make sure there is nothing health wise going on.
Do you have pictures you could share?

Most Reactions