Considering getting an IRN?

ringnecklove

Jan 14, 2013
Hello! I have had birds, but never a Ringneck. I have wanted a Ringneck for a long time. Generally, what is there noise level? Are they the "cuddly" type of bird or not? What is your general idea of a Ringneck? Thank you!!!

they are very very loud! and go off all day! yes they can be real cuddly but generally they are more playful and only cuddle a bit. If you are looking for a cuddly bird thats not too loud i would suggest a Green cheek Conure they are so cuddly and not that loud and they almost never squawk! if you want a bigger one than that I would say a Blue Crown Conure mine is super cuddly he can be fairly loud but like most of his species he rarely makes loud noises he would rather talk.

I don't mind loudness (I just wanted to see how loud they can get before I got a Ringneck), I have a pretty loud bird now! :p I just want know as much as I can about them before I get a Ringneck. Thanks!

My girl isn't loud at all, she talks a lot and makes cockatiel sounds. Maybe she thinks she is a cockatiel? xD

They aren't known to be cuddly. But my girl loves stritches and she is extremely cuddly but at the same time she is extremely nippy. I don't think they are that loud I think it's the pitch that usually bothers people. It's pretty high pitched :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBG9cVijkuE]Yellow IRN Talking - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxCG68FRfQU]Yellow Indian Ringneck Parakeet talking - YouTube[/ame]

Hi ringnecklove! What kind of bird do you have? (You said you have others) We might be able to compare the noise level :)

I have a cockatiel at the moment, he is really loud, he screams all the time, even though he gets out for a good 3 hours or more everyday. I really don't mind loudness though. Thanks!!!

heres an idea of the loudness of a Ringneck!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1eHkX8NMbI]Indian Ringneck Doisy talking - YouTube[/ame]

Indian Ringneck are louder than cockatiels! As with cuddles, I find that they don't mind them, some likes cuddles while others doesn't.

Maybe you can get a African ringneck, I heard that they are more cuddly and not as loud as a Indian ringneck.

My ringneck isn't loud at all!! I barely notice him. He'll let out his "laser noise" as I like to call it if I leave the room and he hears me rustle a bag but definitely not loud at all. My tiel is ALOT more loud than the IRN.
The IRN is not cuddly though, he likes to hang out and kiss me alot but as far as putting my hands on him...no way!
He'll play and talk and tons of fun but not cuddly like a conure.

My Ringneck is only loud when he wants to go to sleep. If he starts squawking during the day, all I have to do is encourage him to talk, and he'll be a motor mouth. But in general, if they're happy, they tend to be pretty relaxed and at a level of chatter that's tolerable.
They can be cuddly, but its something that take them trusting you. Once they open up they will bow their heads down for a scratch or more. And a lot of it is specifically their personality as an individual. So how they've been treated before they come to you matters. That also depends on the birds' age as well.
Overall, I think they have wonderful personalities once you get comfortable with each other.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back