Conure eats hydrangea leaf.

freeclimb

Jun 26, 2022
Parrots
Mitred Conure
Umbrella Cockatoo
My mitred conure just eat a tiny bit of hydrangea leaf. I understand that this is poisonous to them. What should I do?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My mitred conure just eat a tiny bit of hydrangea leaf. I understand that this is poisonous to them. What should I do?
ā€œThe good news is that hydrangea poisoning in dogs and cats is rare, because a very large amount of hydrangea has to be consumed for pets to manifest symptoms. Since symptoms are usually mild, cases often go unreported.ā€

This could cause vomiting or diarrhea but likely will not, as bird would have to eat a lot of leaves for irritation to occur. If you see a problem, contact your vet.

OP
F

freeclimb

Jun 26, 2022
Parrots
Mitred Conure
Umbrella Cockatoo
ā€œThe good news is that hydrangea poisoning in dogs and cats is rare, because a very large amount of hydrangea has to be consumed for pets to manifest symptoms. Since symptoms are usually mild, cases often go unreported.ā€

This could cause vomiting or diarrhea but likely will not, as bird would have to eat a lot of leaves for irritation to occur. If you see a problem, contact your vet.
Thank you. He ingested a bite of of one leaf.

Most Reactions

Latest posts