Coqui visits Luis in office

Lindylou277

May 3, 2012
FL & NH
Parrots
Coqui, 9 yr old female B/G Macaw
After many months of trying Luis and Coqui have become friends. Persistence pays off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 166

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Will you look at that!!! :D

How wonderful it must feel for your husband that his patience and perseverance paid off! :)

Coqui looks quite content and happy. Thanks SO much for sharing, Linda!!

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I thought Coqui ws up for adoption?

It's complicated. Adoption on temp hold for a few reasons.
We love Coqui and continue to interact with her and do training and all the necessary and loving things she needs to remain a mentally and physically healthy parrot until she is adopted. My husband is emotionally attached because Coqui was a gift from his late father to his 93 yo mother. When Coqui is adopted my husband will have no regrets at how well he took care of her. As I said ... It's complicated.

Sounds like you're both definitely doing the right thing by keeping up training and such. Coqui looks happy enough there and your husband looks stunned she'd being so good with him! :)

I hope the adoption all goes forward smoothly asap for everyones sake though. But I'm super happy to hear you're not just giving up on her because you know she'll be leaving you soon!

Maybe you might become bird people after all...? ;)

Sorry! :p

Good luck with Coqui, she does look content :)

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
Linda,

That is awesome! You guys are doing a great job with her! :)

Most Reactions