curled tail

Quetki

Sep 23, 2022
Canada, Alberta
Parrots
Violet Green Cheeked Conure
I left my GCC alone all today and just got back. I instantly noticed that one of his smaller tail feathers are curling. I don't know why. I wasn't there at all today but I left him with fresh water and food. Is it stress? I wasn't home at all today so I don't know if he got it stuck and bent it or anything. It doesn't look broken it just looks warped.

Edit: After looking in his cage I noticed one of his big tail feathers is at the bottom of the cage.

Attachments

• 20230108_191611.jpg
    20230108_191611.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 50

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I left my GCC alone all today and just got back. I instantly noticed that one of his smaller tail feathers are curling. I don't know why. I wasn't there at all today but I left him with fresh water and food. Is it stress? I wasn't home at all today so I don't know if he got it stuck and bent it or anything. It doesn't look broken it just looks warped.

Edit: After looking in his cage I noticed one of his big tail feathers is at the bottom of the cage.
It looks like he just bent it, conures can be especially rough on their tails, more so when young.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Will it go back to normal?
It could the more he preens it, but it may just stay a bit curved until it molts out, it's nothing to worry about though, my GCC used to do the same thing when he was a baby.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.

A rare new mutation called "Curly-Tailed GCC" 😉

Most Reactions

Latest posts