Daylight Savings Time

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
No, no, no!
Yes, we spring forward, but that is all based on having more daylight available to enjoy and be happy about. Joy and fun for everyone.
Oh, that lost of an hours of sleep! That you were not meant to recall as a part of the enjoyment!
Sorry, but I need to take a nap!
Maybe this year our politicians will allow us to enjoy a single time set and stop this twice a year game!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
No, no, no!
Yes, we spring forward, but that is all based on having more daylight available to enjoy and be happy about. Joy and fun for everyone.
Oh, that lost of an hours of sleep! That you were not meant to recall as a part of the enjoyment!
Sorry, but I need to take a nap!
Maybe this year our politicians will allow us to enjoy a single time set and stop this twice a year game!
That's my hope up here as well!
Alberta had a referendum back in '21, but the only two options were to keep changing for DST or to stop changing and stay on DST. It failed because most people (including me) wanted to drop DST completely.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
We were all dragging ourselves around the house this morning. I think it’s time for second coffee…

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
We were all dragging ourselves around the house this morning. I think it’s time for second coffee…
I got ya covered, my Friend:)

0f71261a1777b929048b9145809eb2b7.jpg

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
This is the correct amount, haha!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Opie is NOT having it - Cotton puts himself to bed at the same time year round regardless of the time, but poor Opie is all IM NOT TIRED !!!

And my poor foster guy is also very upset that it's already bedtime - he's calling every 30 seconds 😔

Hopefully tomorrow being a workday will help, having the normal workday routine for them. Poor boys!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
My birds hate it, too.:)
A couple of ours freaked out pretty badly with the time change when we first got them and that hasn't changed. We move their schedule (forward or back) gradually each day. We do it at 10 minutes a day for 6 days before the actual time change, and by the time it gets here they don't notice the difference.

We still do this, it seems to keep all of them from freaking out :)

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Luckily Ona didn’t seem to notice but I hate the time change!!! My state used to not do it but then we had to join in…. I don’t think anyone likes daylight savings time! 😠

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Ouch. Luckily us South Africans dont have to deal with this.
We have to deal with it at least 3 years yet...

I'm a bit surprised that this thread was created kinda early for me - do Americans change time earlier than us? (we change the last Saturday/Sunday night of March)

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
We have to deal with it at least 3 years yet...

I'm a bit surprised that this thread was created kinda early for me - do Americans change time earlier than us? (we change the last Saturday/Sunday night of March)
Yes, our change was this past Sunday at 2am.

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Our Amazon was up and happy with the World this morning as he is on Sunshine time and what a clock states he as little interest!!

Yes, and this always gets a little dicey as the PNW summers sometimes see sunset well past 9pm. I think our longest day is something like 17 hours! We have blackout curtains in his room especially for the summertime.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Yes, and this always gets a little dicey as the PNW summers sometimes see sunset well past 9pm. I think our longest day is something like 17 hours! We have blackout curtains in his room especially for the summertime.
Same here:( We have to control their days and nights almost year round.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Opie and the two visitors are still greatly protesting the injustice of bedtime before sunset. The visitors have the best window for full sundown views so I'm not surprised they aren't having it.

Poor little Opie is just bewildered by how bright it has been in the last couple of weeks and he wants to go make friends and party instead of settle down for sleep!

I move bedtimes over the previous month because I have to get up between 4-430am so the time isn't new to him, but the longer daylight hours are.

I've already planned to move opie's cage at night to the room where the fosters are now after they leave, so that I can have him wake up later than Cotton - but this just seals the deal. He usually gets extra time at night for snuggles and zoomies after Cotton is in bed, but it will be a lot easier to not have to go back into the front room for his bedtime when there are tempting things to play with ;)

This is what Cotton thinks about Opie flying over to play 😂

PXL_20230314_232046309.jpg

And this is what Cotton thinks about one of the fosters saying GOOD MORNING from my shoulder when I said goodnight to Opie:

PXL_20230314_234438785.jpg

#getoffmylawn
#mad
#equatorialbedtimepeople

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Opie and the two visitors are still greatly protesting the injustice of bedtime before sunset. The visitors have the best window for full sundown views so I'm not surprised they aren't having it.

Poor little Opie is just bewildered by how bright it has been in the last couple of weeks and he wants to go make friends and party instead of settle down for sleep!

I move bedtimes over the previous month because I have to get up between 4-430am so the time isn't new to him, but the longer daylight hours are.

I've already planned to move opie's cage at night to the room where the fosters are now after they leave, so that I can have him wake up later than Cotton - but this just seals the deal. He usually gets extra time at night for snuggles and zoomies after Cotton is in bed, but it will be a lot easier to not have to go back into the front room for his bedtime when there are tempting things to play with ;)

This is what Cotton thinks about Opie flying over to play 😂

View attachment 48338

And this is what Cotton thinks about one of the fosters saying GOOD MORNING from my shoulder when I said goodnight to Opie:

View attachment 48339

#getoffmylawn
#mad
#equatorialbedtimepeople

There is no mistaking the look on Cotton's face! He is not impressed at all. Haha

Most Reactions