Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I love how puffy his cheeks are when he's greatly displeased 😂😍
Especially against the missing feathers, you can't miss the puffiness!
I adore Cotton❤️

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Just a reminder to everyone that this affects. It's spring forward, so we lose an hour:(
here in AK we are gaining daylight! I never knew how tired it could make me! on the flip side, rico enjoys the extra light and it gives me more time to prep for a walk down the golf course for some amazing pics of the mountains when they are pinky and purpley!

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
here in AK we are gaining daylight! I never knew how tired it could make me! on the flip side, rico enjoys the extra light and it gives me more time to prep for a walk down the golf course for some amazing pics of the mountains when they are pinky and purpley!
Oh, I hope you post your pinky and purpley Mountains. You live in a beautiful State. I visited Alaska in September of 2018. No one needs to ask me twice if I would love to go back.. It's a solid YES!! The fish taco's that I had in Juneau were to die for..

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Oh, I hope you post your pinky and purpley Mountains. You live in a beautiful State. I visited Alaska in September of 2018. No one needs to ask me twice if I would love to go back.. It's a solid YES!! The fish taco's that I had in Juneau were to die for..
here ya go! I love sharing these! when I see the mountains like this, I feel like I'm in a different universe. I feel a strange sense of euphoria every time!

Attachments

• GEDC0727.JPG
    GEDC0727.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 29
  • GEDC0199.JPG
    GEDC0199.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 30
  • GEDC0746.JPG
    GEDC0746.JPG
    250.1 KB · Views: 29
  • GEDC0769.JPG
    GEDC0769.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 30

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
here ya go! I love sharing these! when I see the mountains like this, I feel like I'm in a different universe. I feel a strange sense of euphoria every time!
Thanks for sharing. Your pics are absolutely gorgeous. Myself love the stunning views and wildlife and my lungs were enjoying the most freshest air that anyone can breathe. Hopefully we will make it back next year. The Covid pandemic really messed things up travel wise.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, those pictures are breathtaking!!! Lucky you to live in such a beautiful place.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Thanks for sharing. Your pics are absolutely gorgeous. Myself love the stunning views and wildlife and my lungs were enjoying the most freshest air that anyone can breathe. Hopefully we will make it back next year. The Covid pandemic really messed things up travel wise.
no problem! thank you! I hope you come back to alaska to enjoy the views, wildlife, and clean air! and I hope you meet a moose at your window too!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
thank you! these pics are worth the hellish winters and firey or rainy summers! still got no pics of borbs. just a few vids of some jays!

Most definitely worth the issues to live around such beauty every day. Any pics of the Northern Lights? That's my favourite part about living in Alberta as we see them pretty often:)
Alaska is definitely on my bucket list. I have 6 states to go before I've seen them all, and Alaska is top of the list!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Most definitely worth the issues to live around such beauty every day. Any pics of the Northern Lights? That's my favourite part about living in Alberta as we see them pretty often:)
Alaska is definitely on my bucket list. I have 6 states to go before I've seen them all, and Alaska is top of the list!
I don't have any good pics but I do have a tiktok of some with some music in the background of my first proper borealis! it was gorgeous!
Edit: woah you've been to 44 states?! I have never gone past seward!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I don't have any good pics but I do have a tiktok of some with some music in the background of my first proper borealis! it was gorgeous!
Edit: woah you've been to 44 states?! I have never gone past seward!
Wow, that's stunning!! I had been up here 2 years before I got to see them on a camping trip. We were sitting and having a few drinks while walking around the deserted campground, it was early Oct. and getting chilly. All of a sudden they looked like they were shooting straight up from the ground all around us. It was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen, and I couldn't get my daughter to wake up and come see it:(

Haha, I love road trips and have been on a few cross country ones, as well as shorter ones. I count it as being in a state if I ate there..lol

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Oh my gosh.... I've never been in any state.

Today it was turn for Europe to change the time... I always forget about it but somehow I remembered this time

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Wow, that's stunning!! I had been up here 2 years before I got to see them on a camping trip. We were sitting and having a few drinks while walking around the deserted campground, it was early Oct. and getting chilly. All of a sudden they looked like they were shooting straight up from the ground all around us. It was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen, and I couldn't get my daughter to wake up and come see it:(

Haha, I love road trips and have been on a few cross country ones, as well as shorter ones. I count it as being in a state if I ate there..lol
that sounds so magical! you are luckyyyyy! we have gone camping 2 times, the first time our tent was broken into by a bear (I was like 3?) and the 2nd time I almost killed myself with pure stupidity! I tried jumping into some rapids to grab a fish and a few hours later I tried jumping into a fire. (I was 5? I think?)

I have ALWAYS wanted to travel across America! we just have too many animals (2 cats, 4 dogs, 1 bird) so that is just ✨gone✨

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
that sounds so magical! you are luckyyyyy! we have gone camping 2 times, the first time our tent was broken into by a bear (I was like 3?) and the 2nd time I almost killed myself with pure stupidity! I tried jumping into some rapids to grab a fish and a few hours later I tried jumping into a fire. (I was 5? I think?)

I have ALWAYS wanted to travel across America! we just have too many animals (2 cats, 4 dogs, 1 bird) so that is just ✨gone✨

Were y'all in your tent when the bear broke in? Either way, that would have sent me running for the nearest hotel!
I see why your parents only took you twice, you weren't scared of anything, were you?

All of my road trips were pre-birds, and my daughter and her husband lived with us so they watched our dogs and cats while we were gone. It would be impossible for us to do it again without hiring someone to stay with the animals while we were gone:(

The best and longest road trip we took was around 2003. We left Alberta and drove to Quebec to see Reg's family. After that we drove down into the states and stayed in Maine, and then NJ. We headed to WV after that to see my family and friends, then to Ky. to see my sister. The plan was to drive across the states and enter Canada again through Montana, but that was not to be. There was heavy snow in the forecast along our planned route, so we ended up driving straight through and crossed in North Dakota instead. We put around 7500 miles on the truck during that trip:)

I enjoy a road trip so much more than driving straight to a destination. We took detours to see things we found along the way, and saw so many cool things. For some reason, if there really isn't a destination, the driving doesn't seem as long.

One thing we found was in Vermont, IIRC. It was a pet chapel, and absolutely gorgeous. They had paper where you could write animals names who had passed to add to the wall, and it warms my heart to know that my animals are remembered in such a wonderful place.
I have pics somewhere if you're interested:)

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Were y'all in your tent when the bear broke in? Either way, that would have sent me running for the nearest hotel!
I see why your parents only took you twice, you weren't scared of anything, were you?

All of my road trips were pre-birds, and my daughter and her husband lived with us so they watched our dogs and cats while we were gone. It would be impossible for us to do it again without hiring someone to stay with the animals while we were gone:(

The best and longest road trip we took was around 2003. We left Alberta and drove to Quebec to see Reg's family. After that we drove down into the states and stayed in Maine, and then NJ. We headed to WV after that to see my family and friends, then to Ky. to see my sister. The plan was to drive across the states and enter Canada again through Montana, but that was not to be. There was heavy snow in the forecast along our planned route, so we ended up driving straight through and crossed in North Dakota instead. We put around 7500 miles on the truck during that trip:)

I enjoy a road trip so much more than driving straight to a destination. We took detours to see things we found along the way, and saw so many cool things. For some reason, if there really isn't a destination, the driving doesn't seem as long.

One thing we found was in Vermont, IIRC. It was a pet chapel, and absolutely gorgeous. They had paper where you could write animals names who had passed to add to the wall, and it warms my heart to know that my animals are remembered in such a wonderful place.
I have pics somewhere if you're interested:)
It happened around 2AM or something according to my parents so yeah. apparently my dad shot it or something. all it wanted was my teddy grahms!
and nah I wasn't fearless, just a moron!

ohh I see how you took road trips! no birds!

woah!!! 7500 miles?! that's like... what it feels like to ride up to the gas station (its like a mile away up a hill) by bike in march!

I am so jealous of you!!! I'm happy with life as is but i am certainly envious of your travels! that all sounds so fun! and the pet chapel is something i had 0 clue existed! it's such a sweet thing to exist and I hope to visit one some day!

I would love to see pictures!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
It happened around 2AM or something according to my parents so yeah. apparently my dad shot it or something. all it wanted was my teddy grahms!
and nah I wasn't fearless, just a moron!

ohh I see how you took road trips! no birds!

woah!!! 7500 miles?! that's like... what it feels like to ride up to the gas station (its like a mile away up a hill) by bike in march!

I am so jealous of you!!! I'm happy with life as is but i am certainly envious of your travels! that all sounds so fun! and the pet chapel is something i had 0 clue existed! it's such a sweet thing to exist and I hope to visit one some day!

I would love to see pictures!

I think that one day you'll be telling me about your own travels, and I look forward to it!
It was a lot of fun, even the misadventures we had.

We were driving through Montana once, and I started hollering for Reg to stop because I saw a buffalo standing on a hill ahead. I wanted to take a picture because he looked so cool. So Reg pulls to the shoulder and I got out and start snapping all kinds of pictures. It wasn't until I started videoing him that I realized that he wasn't moving - at all. He was a statue.
I bet that all the locals had a good laugh who drove by...haha

You weren't a moron, but you were lucky! (And now I'm craving Teddy Grahams 😂)

I'll post the pics when I log on from my PC in a bit:)

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
This was the chapel from the front:

208914_5411164692_5901_n.jpg

And in the room where I left names:)

199170_5411174692_6441_n.jpg

Here's the website:

Dog Mountain Chapel

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
I think that one day you'll be telling me about your own travels, and I look forward to it!
It was a lot of fun, even the misadventures we had.

We were driving through Montana once, and I started hollering for Reg to stop because I saw a buffalo standing on a hill ahead. I wanted to take a picture because he looked so cool. So Reg pulls to the shoulder and I got out and start snapping all kinds of pictures. It wasn't until I started videoing him that I realized that he wasn't moving - at all. He was a statue.
I bet that all the locals had a good laugh who drove by...haha

You weren't a moron, but you were lucky! (And now I'm craving Teddy Grahams 😂)

I'll post the pics when I log on from my PC in a bit:)
The only relatively interesting travels I have done is going into horsefly riddled woods, almost taking out my family on a mountain because I was tubby and clumsy, and going into the mountains! Aside from that, my life is very mundane and boring lol

Omg the buffalo statue story is really funny! With my poor eyesight, I woulda fell for it too! Wonder what the locals thought about it. Perhaps they were like “oh bless their heart, they think it’s a real buff!” Or “what in tarnation are they doing?” Either way, super funny!

Ehh I probably woulda jumped in and been like “hmm, I wonder why this fire feels hot and why I am literally dying.”

And yasssss teddy grahams are supper tasty! Even though I feel silly eating tiny teddy bear graham crackers haha

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
The only relatively interesting travels I have done is going into horsefly riddled woods, almost taking out my family on a mountain because I was tubby and clumsy, and going into the mountains! Aside from that, my life is very mundane and boring lol

Your life sounds full of adventure to me! Haha!
Omg the buffalo statue story is really funny! With my poor eyesight, I woulda fell for it too! Wonder what the locals thought about it. Perhaps they were like “oh bless their heart, they think it’s a real buff!” Or “what in tarnation are they doing?” Either way, super funny!

I bet there were a lot of "Bless her hearts" said that morning from the locals 😂
Ehh I probably woulda jumped in and been like “hmm, I wonder why this fire feels hot and why I am literally dying.”

Well, that would have ruined a perfectly good camping trip!
And yasssss teddy grahams are supper tasty! Even though I feel silly eating tiny teddy bear graham crackers haha
I think it just means we can eat more, less calories, right?

Most Reactions