Senegal, Senegal, Black Capped Conure, Green-cheek Conure, Blue Fronted Amazon
Leroy (bcc) and Rocky (pug) being nice

leroyrocky95xn3.jpg

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
...on behalf of Sponge....I miss you little buddy

Attachments

• IMG_2431.jpg
    IMG_2431.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 314

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
How about one photo for naughty and one photo for nice... ?!

MomtoPercy

Nov 15, 2013
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Percy, a 5yo BFA & Jack, a 8yo Budgie
Percy in a rare "cuddly mood" with my 17yo son. This is my favourite pic of them together :07:

Attachments

• IMG-20130830-00047.jpg
    IMG-20130830-00047.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 233

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
That picture of Sponge is precious:)

Danrc30

Feb 5, 2010
Here's my submission... this is Livvy & Chaos. He has his wing around her because he loves her so much.... :)

2012-06-10 05-12-41-190.jpg

Last edited:

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
a Naughty Tsuka, kicking Dally as she sat on my hand... this photo was pure lucky timing lol

Lovely

Banned
Banned
Aug 25, 2013
USA
Parrots
Lovebirds: Gabby, Dino, and Belle Nips
Quaker Parrots: Mozzi and Sydney
a Naughty Tsuka, kicking Dally as she sat on my hand... this photo was pure lucky timing lol

Oh no!!!! I finally got my birds to want to fly and sit on my hand/shoulder. 3 birds on 1 shoulder, there's a lot of pushing and chirping. Lucky picture its so amazing.
Just looks like Dally is like "Oh no not this again." hahaha
:green:

TreeBee

Jul 13, 2013
Media
Crestview Florida
Parrots
Goffin Cockatoo (Silas)
Congo African Grey (Banjo)
Yellow Naped Amazon (Aurora)
B & G Macaw ( Marley )
Scarlet Macaw ( Phoenix )
Naughty!!!! Naughty!!!!! Naughty!!!!
20131027_091448_zpse48c5c38.jpg

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots

Evilbird

Dec 2, 2013
Parrots
Patagonian Conure, Blue-Hooded Pionus, Quaker Parrot, Parrotlet, 6 Lovebirds
Petey is such a ham! Always front and center for the camera!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I don't know if this will post, but this has always been my favorite NAUGHTY bird picture...

I used this one when I did bird handling classes as an example of why it was not advisable to shoulder a macaw who was not 110% bite pressure trained and trustworthy! "Until they are trained, they are arm candy!" Didn't have to say much more on that topic. [You can't see when your bird is in the macaw "I wouldn't" posture! For those of you who don't know what that is, this pretty much nails it...]

UMMM... JUST FOR CLARIFICATION PURPOSES THAT'S NOT MY BIRD. MY FIDS KNOW BETTER THAN THIS...

Last edited:

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw

How do you know he isn't holding her nose gently? :20: haha

I can't really tell if she is smiling or upset :confused:

For all we know he is just playing a game of 'gotcha nose'

Fargo went through a stage of holding my nose about 3 months ago.. No idea why... He would just sit there holding my nose for ages

Yeah yeah i am crazy for letting him do this.. But he has never bitten or shown aggression, i know his moods and he is very well trained, when he is aggressive and hormonal i wouldn't let him, but he is a baby blah blah blahhhh I also ride a horse that put me in hospital.. living dangerously i know haha.

^ this isn't an entry.. just wanted to show haha

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Maggie grabs my nose, and uses it as a handle to turn my head with her beak when she preens my eyes... She's been doing that for years now. I never saw any harm in it.

Of course, she isn't lunging at me when she does it. Her wings aren't up and flip flapping. Her shoulders aren't hunched. She isn't leaning forward with her beak open in the "fixin' to launch at you" posture... and she doesn't have that eye pinning agitated look on her face... This is a young "excitable" bird, who probably didn't belong on a shoulder yet...

I'm guessing Fargo doesn't either, when he uses your nose for a beak hold while shifting position or what not... Fargo's completely calm in the photo you posted. He's just doing the same thing with your nose that he does with fingers and toes... (They are so tactile with their tongues!) And if they're bite pressure trained, and trustworthy, I don't see anything at all wrong with it. I play with my birds all the time face to beak... and one of the reason's I do that is so that they don't freak out and apply bite pressure if someone comes up to them and gets right in their face... so I don't think it's crazy at all. I think it's smart.

When you look at the expression on this bird's face, he ain't playin'...

She is wincing, and beginning to scream... Even if it's just a pinch, when it's your face, THAT HURTS, AND IT IS UPSETTING!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts