Difference in male and female gcc behaviour on pooping

Cardinal

Jul 1, 2014
India
Parrots
Currently I have none, but I have the capacity to adopt a minimum and maximum of two budgies - preferably a bonded pair or two males.
I had been a to friend s house and they had a pineapple mutation GCC.
They had previously had another GCC that flew away. When she explained that the two birds had different pooping behaviour.

This new bird will keep its cage clean and will poop when s/he comes out, whereas the previous bird will poop inside the cage and outside too.

I thought that this could be because the current bird is a female that has an incentive to keep the nesting hollow clean while the previous bird is a male that has no such instinct built in.
Has anyone having a GCC or any other parrot noticed such differences in behaviour and could it be attributed to gender?

:yellow1::yellow1::yellow1:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
My experience is with Amazons and I have found regardless of sex, some are very aware of where they deposit their blessings and others barely care at all.

Regarding nesting, that depends where a bird nest is located. Those deep inside of a tree's trunk tend to be more careful, where those in open areas are less concern.

With hope, one of the Breeders will join in with more specific information.

SassiBird

May 10, 2016
Media
Albums
Minnesota
Parrots
Black Capped Conure - Sassafras - 2015; GCC Rosalita - 2018; GCC Apple Blossom - 2018
I agree with SailBoat. My three conures are all DNA female and vary in their poop habits. One waits until you bring her back to the cage. Another could care less where she goes.

Most Reactions

Latest posts