Difficulty weaning

Plaidpjs

Apr 25, 2022
Parrots
Yellow crowned Amazon
Blue and Gold Macaw
Moluccan Cockatoo
IRN
My baby came to me at roughly 7 weeks old and of course we have been syringe formula feeding. She is 14 weeks old and I’m offering a variety of pellets and fresh food. She has no interest at this point, but I’m told it’s still fairly early and not to be too concerned. I wanted to get other’s opinion on that info. i also wondered what her weight should be at this age? I say she but it’s not confirmed. I weighed her last night and she was 396/7 grams. Yesterday was the first day she also refused to eat formula until bedtime, she has done the same this morning. Thank you.
Tonia

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
My baby came to me at roughly 7 weeks old and of course we have been syringe formula feeding. She is 14 weeks old and I’m offering a variety of pellets and fresh food. She has no interest at this point, but I’m told it’s still fairly early and not to be too concerned. I wanted to get other’s opinion on that info. i also wondered what her weight should be at this age? I say she but it’s not confirmed. I weighed her last night and she was 396/7 grams. Yesterday was the first day she also refused to eat formula until bedtime, she has done the same this morning. Thank you.
Tonia
Hi, we don’t even know what species of bird you have. Maybe you can call the breeder who sold you this unweaned baby parrot? I am sorry you’re having this trouble.

Most Reactions

Latest posts