DIY Bird Shower

Talven

Banned
Banned
May 4, 2019
Australia
Quick and easy bird shower. Short video
https://i.imgur.com/jPwFyZW.mp4

I underestimated the pump strength I would need in above video.

Things needed

5 PvC Elbow joints
1 PvC T Joint
Some PvC pipe length and diametre depending on size required
2 Plastic storage containers that will fit inside each other. Preferably two different capacities. (I used a 5 and a 9 litre)
One of those hand held showers that attach to your tap/faucet
Electric pond pump
Drill
Saw

With 4 of the elbows and the T make a frame with the PvC pipe that will fit around the inner edge of the bottom container (For me the 9 litre one) In the middle of one of the edges put the T joint with the unused opening facing up.

With the drill make holes in the upper container to allow drainage and at the edge where you wish the upright section to be make a hole large enough for your PvC pipe to pass through.

With your last elbow joint and some more PvC pipe make an L shape for the shower head.

Once you have it lined up the way you want drill a hole into the T connector large enough for the hand held shower hose to fit through.Feed the hose through beginning at the short end of the L until it comes out of the T connector.

Attach hose end to pump.

Place smaller container into top of larger. I fed the power cord out over the edge of the bottom container jamming it between the two rather than making a hole in the side of the bottom container and feeding it out that way. If you have to do it that way make sure you reseal it with silicone to prevent leakage.

Add enough water that there is just a little in the bottom of the top container.

Switch it on and hope your birds enjoy it.

Fairly poor instructions but hopefully you can get the idea.

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Quick and easy bird shower. Short video
https://i.imgur.com/jPwFyZW.mp4

I underestimated the pump strength I would need in above video.

Things needed

5 PvC Elbow joints
1 PvC T Joint
Some PvC pipe length and diametre depending on size required
2 Plastic storage containers that will fit inside each other. Preferably two different capacities. (I used a 5 and a 9 litre)
One of those hand held showers that attach to your tap/faucet
Electric pond pump
Drill
Saw

With 4 of the elbows and the T make a frame with the PvC pipe that will fit around the inner edge of the bottom container (For me the 9 litre one) In the middle of one of the edges put the T joint with the unused opening facing up.

With the drill make holes in the upper container to allow drainage and at the edge where you wish the upright section to be make a hole large enough for your PvC pipe to pass through.

With your last elbow joint and some more PvC pipe make an L shape for the shower head.

Once you have it lined up the way you want drill a hole into the T connector large enough for the hand held shower hose to fit through.Feed the hose through beginning at the short end of the L until it comes out of the T connector.

Attach hose end to pump.

Place smaller container into top of larger. I fed the power cord out over the edge of the bottom container jamming it between the two rather than making a hole in the side of the bottom container and feeding it out that way. If you have to do it that way make sure you reseal it with silicone to prevent leakage.

Add enough water that there is just a little in the bottom of the top container.

Switch it on and hope your birds enjoy it.

Fairly poor instructions but hopefully you can get the idea.

This is actually clever--I wish my cockatoo would just learn to use the shower, but I wonder if something like this might be more discrete and less noisy overall--- it would definitely work for smaller birds. Looks like you can get a pump for $35.00, which could definitely be worth it depending on the bird. Mine sucks at showering, but she loves water!
Thanks for sharing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts