DIY Shower Perch (VERY easy)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Today I built a shower perch. Easiest thing in the world, honestly. :)

The materials needed cost me under $10. (I had PVC + vet wrap ;) )

What you'll need:
1" PVC pipe
4 End caps
1 4-way
1 Elbow
Stainless screws
4 Suction Cups
Vet Wrap

IMG_6602.jpg

Ripley approved

Hanging in the shower/tub

Last edited:

DanNic

Sep 27, 2012
Kent
Parrots
Indian Ringneck
I gather the SS screws are use to screw the suction cups to the end caps...

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I gather the SS screws are use to screw the suction cups to the end caps...

Yes, exactly. I also used a couple to keep the joints from moving. :)

The entire project took me under 15 minutes to make.

I do recommend drilling tiny pivot holes, it makes it all even simpler.

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Aren't you just a clever person!!! Wonderful ! Looks exactly like the store bought ones!

Wish you would of posted this before i bought Fargo one for 50 dollars -.- ;) hahaha

And pink vet wrap? Great choice :p hehe

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
thats awesome! im so making that thanks for posting previously i had just wrapped my shower curtain rod with vet wrap and put the birdies on that but this is waaayyy better!

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Aren't you just a clever person!!! Wonderful ! Looks exactly like the store bought ones!

Wish you would of posted this before i bought Fargo one for 50 dollars -.- ;) hahaha

And pink vet wrap? Great choice :p hehe

The PINK vet wrap was the only one I had left, LOL. And thank you very VERY much. :D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
thats awesome! im so making that thanks for posting previously i had just wrapped my shower curtain rod with vet wrap and put the birdies on that but this is waaayyy better!

Thanks, Marcia. :) I swear, it doesn't get any easier than this. You can cut the PVC however long/short you want it, and it's really cheap to make, too. :D

Shade

Sep 27, 2011
Canada
Parrots
Piper - Peachface Lovebird;
Shade - Senegal Parrot;
Joey & Pixel - Red-bellied Parrots;
Petey & Zuri - Meyer's Parrots;
Léa - Cape Parrot

Oedipussrex

Jun 3, 2012
Australia
Parrots
Charlie - Galah
Looks great! :D
and the screws don't ruin the suction of the cups at all? I guess you have to do them pretty tight.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Looks great! :D
and the screws don't ruin the suction of the cups at all? I guess you have to do them pretty tight.

Nope, the screws went in quite easy into the suction cups. I should have added that the suction cups I purchased are large, 2.25", AND I pre-drilled holes into them as well. :)

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Love this! What is vet tape?

Thank you so much!
Vet Wrap....here you go. :)

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/3M-Vetrap-Bandaging-Tape-Purple/dp/B000F9ZVN2/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1359817645&sr=8-4&keywords=vet+wrap"]Amazon.com: Vetrap - individual roll: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Savannah

Jan 21, 2013
NH
Parrots
Willow-B&G Macaw
Savannah-Senegal
I made this today....super easy and super cheap.... I love a bargain!!!

Thanks so much for the great instructions!

Alice and Willow

forbey

Apr 26, 2013
Media
Just found this through a link to another shower perch thread. This is awesome! Now all I have to do is figure out how to adjust the shower so it doesn't cook the chicken! LOL

I was considering removing the gym from the top of Skittles' cage and making a mounting system to re-install it above where the cage goes. Your shower perch can be modified to include double "perches". Drill holes to receive the gym posts and mount the PVC cross piece(s) to the wall studs.

With the gym in place I can't get the cage out of the room. If I mount the gym to the wall I can run Skittles up to the gym, roll the cage outside, power wash it and quickly get it back in place when it is dry. (Which I can speed up by using the leaf blower to blow off the extra moinsture.)

Thanks for another great idea!

Forbey

Last edited:

Aug 5, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
Yellow Crown Amazon
Thanks so much for the fantastic idea. By the way, your Macaw is gorgeous and I am sure spoiled. I have just a baby. He is a 7 month old Yellow Crowned Amazon so I am starting to build his "stuff". Can you help me by give me the dimensions of each piece of PVC? Thanks so much.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks so much for the fantastic idea. By the way, your Macaw is gorgeous and I am sure spoiled. I have just a baby. He is a 7 month old Yellow Crowned Amazon so I am starting to build his "stuff". Can you help me by give me the dimensions of each piece of PVC? Thanks so much.

Welcome to the forum, 1945. :)

I had to grab the tape measure, but here are the dimensions for each individual PVC piece:

Perch = 16"
shortest part, below elbow of perch = 4"
long piece = 14"
each side piece = 8"

Most Reactions

Latest posts