Do parrots play hide and seek?

bigfellasdad

Sep 21, 2017
Media
NorthWest England
Parrots
Enzo - adopted Female CAG circa 2004. A truly amazing young lady!
No, when they are hiding they have found something they can chew on, in this case it's the microwave electrical cord, which I always have unplugged unless i'm using it. She clearly knows she is in the wrong, but frankly, she cares less!

[ame="https://youtu.be/i58TZzv-Af8"]YouTube[/ame]

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Noodles plays hide-and-seek on purpose-- it's the "I'm gonna get your toes" game!...She yells, "come here" and I run in and pretend to get her toes--- and she repeats the process.

That is a nice low, shady hormonal space though....just sayin'! VERY conducive to nesting! Not sure that is the same as hide and seek.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yes. Salty will duck down in back of his cage ( which still has the black cover partially on), doing who knows what back there. But if we call "Salty where are you?" he comes back up, shoots us a look , and returns to doing who knows what.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Our Julio plays that game, but he hasn't connected the just because he can't see us, means that we can not see him! But, he loves to play the game!

Yup, take care of hiding places that could be a short step from a nesting location.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Oh it's very much on purpose over here. RK will hide without acknowledging cause he most surely is chewing a shoe, chair or other restricted object. #thestruggleisreal #hideandseek #replacementbudgetishigh

Most Reactions