Does anyone recognize this Parrot cage?

careknet

Jun 2, 2020
WI
Parrots
St. Nicholas
AKA Nico
Hi there!
I bought this cage used (it was initially a steel color) about a year and a half ago. We cleaned it up and repainted for our Eclectus Niko. I have been trying to find out the exact brand and type of the cage, so I can order the wheels, tray, seed catcher etc..
Looking at pictures online I cannot find a match. Thank you for looking. 😊

Attachments

• E4DE7621-0AB9-4E1F-A64B-D80214F66E74.jpeg
    E4DE7621-0AB9-4E1F-A64B-D80214F66E74.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 126

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi ! I hate to tell you this but if you painted this cage yourself, with commonly available spray paint, you should not keep your parrot in it. Parrot cages are given a specialized type of coating called powder coating , where the material is actually fused to the metal of the cage. Why? Parrot beaks are so strong they quickly chip off common paint and will ingest the flakes and die! This is very real and not an old wives tale. Please dont keep you parrot in the cage if you painted it!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Check the opening of the leg (or where the legs were cut-off) as it is likely a standard size square bar commonly used by near all cage manufacturers. If true, near anyones wheels will work. Same is true for cage parts. Your main problem is that all manufacturing is now located in China and there is little to no Part supply support.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Check the opening of the leg (or where the legs were cut-off) as it is likely a standard size square bar commonly used by near all cage manufacturers. If true, near anyones wheels will work. Same is true for cage parts. Your main problem is that all manufacturing is now located in China and there is little to no Part supply support.
Check Birdcages4less.com and compare sizing as the door style looks like their doors.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
nice and big.
I'd attach some perches to the outside as well. Perching on the door can be harder on the feet. For big birds you want a wide perch to support weight and help prevent arthritis later in life. And since its nice to have him hang out there , attach a nice Perch at same hight opposite side

OP
C

careknet

Jun 2, 2020
WI
Parrots
St. Nicholas
AKA Nico
Thank you so much! I will check where the legs were cut off. I was able to order new food cup holders and wheels, but they ended up not fitting correctly. lol The wait time is insane. Thank you again. :)

OP
C

careknet

Jun 2, 2020
WI
Parrots
St. Nicholas
AKA Nico
Hi ! I hate to tell you this but if you painted this cage yourself, with commonly available spray paint, you should not keep your parrot in it. Parrot cages are given a specialized type of coating called powder coating , where the material is actually fused to the metal of the cage. Why? Parrot beaks are so strong they quickly chip off common paint and will ingest the flakes and die! This is very real and not an old wives tale. Please dont keep you parrot in the cage if you painted it!
Thank you very much. Yes, I know it can be toxic for birds. When I got the cage, it was rusted in some areas and was unsafe for Niko. So we sanded it down, pressured washed it, and cleaned it up by hand thoroughly. We then used bird-safe paint (ECOS) to paint it. :) I would not have even considered the cage if Niko was a cage chewer. He is not at all, but I made sure we did it safely if he ever got the urge. lol But, yes, it is definitely a good idea to let people know that it is dangerous to paint a birdcage with paint. Thank you. 😊
Cari

OP
C

careknet

Jun 2, 2020
WI
Parrots
St. Nicholas
AKA Nico
Hello! I don't recognize it, maybe it could have been made by king's cages or A&E cages:)
Thank you. 😊 I think it could be one of those. I have checked, but something is always slightly different, and it doesn't match up. lol
Cari

OP
C

careknet

Jun 2, 2020
WI
Parrots
St. Nicholas
AKA Nico
nice and big.
I'd attach some perches to the outside as well. Perching on the door can be harder on the feet. For big birds you want a wide perch to support weight and help prevent arthritis later in life. And since its nice to have him hang out there , attach a nice Perch at same hight opposite side
Thank you! 😊 That is a great idea. We have one perch on the door that he sits on when it is open. I wish it had the opening on top with the perch on it. Have to look into buying him a cage with the perch on top. He usually just hops down and walks over to wherever we are and hangs out with us.lol
Cari

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Open on top can fall and crush the bird. Its simply enough to attach your own.
You can do a long stiff rope across the front section of the dome, or fat short perches. I take full advantage and turn the outside like a play gym ;)

Be sure and enter phot if the month! And add a picture to the big burd photo thread Stormy started. We love pictures!

Most Reactions

Latest posts