Don't think I've got her diet right.

Mel

Mar 30, 2010
Media
Sydney Australia
Parrots
Eclectus - Shadow /
Sulfur Crested - Chicka
Great advise given by SB - as usual. Just shows how important protein is despite what some members think. We love sprouts in this house & birdie bread is also really popular with eggs + shell mushed in.
Good luck, sounds like you're doing a great job

OP
Rrrma

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
Yeah we are big sprout fans as well.

I know her weight is in the normal range, but if you look at her you can tell she is a little underweight and the vet agreed. She needs to consistently gain a few grams, she is on the taller side for the greys and was kept as a breeder for 12 years.

OP
Rrrma

Rrrma

Jul 22, 2010
USA
Parrots
see signature
Finally got her bloodwork back and everything is good. Her liver is good, her kidneys are good, all her numbers are good. He said her protein was down a little, but that is what we realized at the checkup anyway and I've added yogurt/bone/egg to her diet.

So I will continue monitoring her weight, get it back up a little, but in the past week her droppings have been more consistently full of feces and not just the urine/clear. So I think we will be fine :D

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I am so glad that she is well!
Bananeyessss.gif
I read the first page with a lot of worry, thank God that she had no real problems.

A good mommy like you can really do with a good relaxing break, now that all is cleared up!
Bath1Soaking.gif

WELL DONE!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts