Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
In general traditional is much easier than digital
Lemme tell you how much I miss that "undo" button in traditional... XD especially in the painting!!!
"Oh snap, the paint was still too wet to put the white over it, I'll just undo and ---- oh. ....."

OP
Zoruace

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Lemme tell you how much I miss that "undo" button in traditional... XD especially in the painting!!!
"Oh snap, the paint was still too wet to put the white over it, I'll just undo and ---- oh. ....."
I SWEAR THE TIMES I DOUBLE TAPPED ON MY NOTE BOOK-
i remmeber doing it in the middle of an art lesson in school
after that the teacher always gives me cursed looks-

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Maybe I was wrong - I thought traditional is easier because you don't have to learn using an app and it's easier to draw with pencil than on a phone or tablet (in my opinion)
My current way is crossed between traditional and digital (for me it's the easiest way)

OP
Zoruace

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Maybe I was wrong - I thought traditional is easier because you don't have to learn using an app and it's easier to draw with pencil than on a phone or tablet (in my opinion)
My current way is crossed between traditional and digital (for me it's the easiest way)
i use a screen touch pencil thingy
it depends on how someone likes to draw
for you you like tradintail and for me i like digital
similar on how some people like ice cream and how some dont

Rozalka

May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
i use a screen touch pencil thingy
it depends on how someone likes to draw
for you you like tradintail and for me i like digital
similar on how some people like ice cream and how some dont
I use it. I didn't write I prefer traditional - I created my own way because I don't like both 'normal' ways - I don't like painting and drawing in digital is too hard for me

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
Ok so.

I had my very first digital tablet around 15 years ago - it was such a primal little thing and the weirdest thing to learn to draw on the tablet while you look at a screen. But it's like riding a bicycle, once you get a hang of it, it sticks with you forever. There are gazilions of art programs for PC (i cannot fathom on a tablet or even less a phone, only tablet I'd EVER consider is an iPad pro... Which I don't need atm nor have the funds). Thing with programs is that they all have a different learning curve. Photoshop is quite hard but has A LOT of excellent options. Similar to it which is a free program is Krita, it also have a looong learning curve. But you kind of learn one program, you kind of learn the rest, just gotta find what you're looking for.
My personal favourite to which I stuck for years to no end is Paint tool Sai. It also takes a lot of time to learn, and best way to learn is to draw with the software, play with the settings or watch youtube tutorials. It's pricey, but it's a one time payment and it's absolutely worth every cent, especially the 2nd version. Doesn't look fancy at all, but it's perfect for me.
Last year I upgraded to a screen graphic tablet (got as a present) - that was forever a dream of mine. I wouldn't say it improved my art, but it does feel more natural while drawing on it.

For doodling and sketching I do prefer paper, I love the feeling of it. And sometimes I do paint on canvas, there is something special about it compared to digital art. No undo buttons, no colour corrections, no layers, it's all there, real. And one of a kind. Also I get to use shiny metallic or glitter paint :D

Koko_the_fluf

Oct 16, 2021
Media
Seoul, South Korea
Parrots
Koko (green cheeked cinnamon conure gotcha date 5.18 2020)
Are you still in on drawing my bird? If so here is a pic
20210921_170954.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts