Early Christmas Gift

TookieTookieBird

Dec 3, 2009
Chicagoland Area
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo, 3 Parakeets
My aunt stopped over yesterday with a little cardboard carrier. I was like, 'what's this??" She said, "Merry Christmas!!!" I opened it and there was a little white parakeet inside. She looks just like my white one I already have except she has a little less blue and alot more juvenile stripes.
I posted in the general forum that I have two already and they were sold to me as a pair. I believe they are both male though. I have a hunch:confused:. One has a purple cere and one has a white one with a thin blue outline. The new one my aunt brought me cere is like a nude pink to an almost pinky brown. I hope she is a girl.
She bites a hell of alot harder than my other two that's for sure. And her screech is louder. I read females are alot more tempermental. Since i didn't want to throw her into the cage with my other two just yet, my dad got a small cage out of storage and I set it next to my two other birds cage. Just so they could maybe get used to eachother through bars first.
My all blue parakeet has been sitting in the corner right next to her, He has been starring at her from last night until now. My other white male goes to visit every so often but not like the blue one. It's kinda funny!!!

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
" I read females are alot more tempermental."

In general this is the case. I am not sure though if it also applies to birds! :eek:)

Sorry couldn't resist.

It sounds like you're doing everything just right keeping them in separate cages at first, and it sounds like they will get along well.

OP
TookieTookieBird

TookieTookieBird

Dec 3, 2009
Chicagoland Area
Parrots
Hmmmmm.......I'll ignore the little joke:rolleyes:. I hope they do get along. About the female thing though I notice a difference in females vs. Males of every kind of animal in my house....and yes including me, my 2 sisters and my mom as opposed to my dad and uncles!!! HAHA:09:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good luck with the new bird.
Sure she will settle in soon enough.
You know US FEMALES, we adjust and adapt and SOON TAKE OVER !!!!! LoL
Keep us updated with her progress.
Take care

OP
TookieTookieBird

TookieTookieBird

Dec 3, 2009
Chicagoland Area
Parrots
You know, The two I have in the big cage, sit in the corner of the cage where her cage is placed. She sits right at the side of the cage closest to where they are. When the two in the big cage move and start to play with their toys and don't pay attention to her she tries to climb up closer to them. She looks lonely. I thought about putting her into their cage but I am afraid too. I don't want them to fight. When is it ok to introduce her into their cage??

Most Reactions