Cycletim

Mar 22, 2020
Ventura, California
Parrots
Jasper Congo African Grey,
Grover Red bellied parrot RIP 10/20,
Red bellied parrot Rheya
I think it’s also worth mentioning that breakfast time is a great time for chop introductions. They tend to eat more for breakfast because they’re hungry from not having any food all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

Ekkietiel

Sep 5, 2020
Charleston, SC
Parrots
Charlie (Ekkie), Boop & Pongo (Cockatiels)
haha cycletim. This explains why he ate it without question but wouldn't eat it later in the day. I suppose the small amount of scrambled egg helped coax him into wanting to eat it. We realize from the feedback from you all that we probably did not make a very tasty chop. We've been researching recipes to try out, and have written down the advice from this forum for items to put in the chop. The biggest mistake we made (aside from balance in the food choices) is not putting each food in the processor separately and patting them dry with a paper towel before combining them. Lesson learned I suppose. We're going to try and get him to eat what we have for a few more days then trash the rest.
Today was his first full day with TOPs, he was into it yesterday when we got it but today was his first full day with it. He seems to be taking to the taste which is awesome. Mixed in a bit of Zupreem because we were worried he'd go hungry if he didn't like the TOPs too much. I realize that if he's hungry enough, he'll eat about anything - but we are trying to make the transition smoothly and quickly.

Most Reactions