May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Awesome!! It looks amazing (and I might be the tiniest bit jealous of that tree)!

My update: I’m going to be connecting an outdoor aviary to my indoor bird…house ig
That sounds awesome!

I just made the tree by cleaning some branches I found outside, nailing them together, and putting the bottom of the tree in a holed-out piece of firewood. I had another tree, a tabletop one I made, but the burds quickly destroyed it. The tree is usually replaced every 2ish years.

I wanna get a pic of Pepper in his tent so bad! Don't worry, it's not one of those loose fabric soft tents, it's just a cardboard tent lined with VERY thin cloth, only for padding, and my burds love to cuddle in it because it gets COLD here. They don't chew it, and it's super open, so Picasso doesn't get hormonal over it. I made a very careful selection, and the cloth is only about half a cm thick. Here is the tent (its open on the other side as well), plus a pic I forgot to upload of the new room!
IMG_20220127_172135.jpg
IMG_20220127_172147.jpg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
That sounds awesome!

I just made the tree by cleaning some branches I found outside, nailing them together, and putting the bottom of the tree in a holed-out piece of firewood. I had another tree, a tabletop one I made, but the burds quickly destroyed it. The tree is usually replaced every 2ish years.

I wanna get a pic of Pepper in his tent so bad! Don't worry, it's not one of those loose fabric soft tents, it's just a cardboard tent lined with VERY thin cloth, only for padding, and my burds love to cuddle in it because it gets COLD here. They don't chew it, and it's super open, so Picasso doesn't get hormonal over it. I made a very careful selection, and the cloth is only about half a cm thick. Here is the tent (its open on the other side as well), plus a pic I forgot to upload of the new room!
View attachment 35083View attachment 35082
Looks great!!

Inko-ai

Oct 11, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Budgies - Sprite & Marshmallow
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
Birdies are done with their stands for the day around this time (they usually tell me by flying or waddling over to the tops of their cages) and I’ve already cleaned them so why not? Plus Cody has a foraging basket towards the right of the second pic. Loves digging through it.
Stand 1: June’s
Stand 2: Cody’s

727FE51A-49EF-474A-A0FD-C389234F0C78.jpeg
93C72408-0AF1-4CB2-B19F-FB356E985734.jpeg

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Birdies are done with their stands for the day around this time (they usually tell me by flying or waddling over to the tops of their cages) and I’ve already cleaned them so why not? Plus Cody has a foraging basket towards the right of the second pic. Loves digging through it.
Stand 1: June’s
Stand 2: Cody’s

View attachment 36756View attachment 36757
Great! Mine would enjoy too. I love seeing everybody stuff and possibly copies and trying new things. The wood is amazing

Skarila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year πŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
bump for you Skarila
First page yiu can see my blue girl
ok i just stick her here picture with my budgie cloudy, she has poof head cuz I was just petting her
View attachment 36755
Laura, you are not making this any easier for me...!!! How am I supposed to resist the blue fluffer?! My Partner will kick me out of the flat if I bring one more bird!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
wow just saw this! I don't know why I don't always get notifications when threads update!
Awww.... I wish you could add the blue fluffer

Oliver17

Oct 2, 2017
Midwest,USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Named Garth
I'm often posting how I use ceiling hooks abd heavy weight fishing line to create what I call an aerial gym. I attach foraging stuff, stuff to chew, and treats to find to keep my flock busy. So now I will share examples to inspire you. Hopefully you all will share yours to inspire me too!

this one is by my chair so my gang can hang out near me. It has a bamboo log to chew or stuff treats in. Pikachu and Penny
View attachment 31928View attachment 31930
The above is hanging over their cages. I don't make it easy to get to their favorite yucca chips! Phoebe and Pikachu View attachment 31931 this had bird clay mineral block on top, and stuff to chewView attachment 31932
For my size parrots this plastic ball works to stuff pumpkin seeds in . Choose your parrots beak destruction safe materials. View attachment 31933
I luv this and would like to do similar, things but I often wondered if they fly into the fishing line?
Luv it

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
View attachment 36762

We have Salty's play chain from one side of the room to the other, from his cage to the breakfast bar. ALways populated with new stuff. He loves it, its like his expressway.

View attachment 36763
I'm pretty sure you were an inspiration for me when I started hanging things from the ceiling!!! ❀
O even tried the yellow plastic chain..but none of mine could balance on it! Salty has skills!

DiscotheCockatiel

Jul 1, 2021
Parrots
2 male cockatiels
I just made this hanging play area for my 2 cockatiels! I’m still planning on adding a few things but here it is right now! They already really like it which is a surprise because normally it takes a while for them to warm up to new thing!

Attachments

• ABE765A7-24B6-4579-A784-BB47D878C08A.jpeg
    ABE765A7-24B6-4579-A784-BB47D878C08A.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 83
  • F0F78C82-C3A5-44A6-A00A-2F2BA9B505B2.jpeg
    F0F78C82-C3A5-44A6-A00A-2F2BA9B505B2.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 82
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
I just made this hanging play area for my 2 cockatiels! I’m still planning on adding a few things but here it is right now! They already really like it which is a surprise because normally it takes a while for them to warm up to new thing!
You did amazing work! Love your cage as well! Look at all that chomping stuff woot!

Most Reactions