Fabulous Las Vagas

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
Boy oh boy are my plans for my 21st going to be EXPENSIVE. My original plan was to go to Vegas with my mom to drink and gamble with her money. We ended up deciding it was too expensive and canceled. Two months later I decide to look at the cost to fly to Vegas and back, a round trip is about $380 to fly out on Feb 14th and back on the 17th. So, with my new job, I decided that the plans for Vegas was back on!! With minor changes.
1. Not staying in Vegas for a week like my mom had planned (which is why it was expensive)
2. Going with friends instead of my mom, because she still thinks it's too expensive.
3. No gambling, just drinking.

Ok, HOPEFULLY going with friends, so far only one has agreed but doesn't know if they can get off, I'm waiting for another to respond. It may be delayed a bit unless I can also get off...but my 21st is looking like a very fun, and very expensive time! I can't wait, it's going to be a much needed vacation from work and family, and some time to just be with friends. I've gone to their parties, now they have the chance to come to mine...I'm even willing to pay for them to fly out with me if cost is a problem for them...well cost is a problem for me too but I would really like them to be with me, they've been wanting to get me drunk for the entire (over) two years we've known each other, and my 21st is the day they've been waiting for.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Well, first off, happy (very) early birthday wishes to you! Sounds like quite an adventure in the works. Hope you can pull it off :)

Great idea to leave out the gambling as a cost saving measure. Potentially a HUGE cost saver. Besides, if gambling is something you want to try, if I recall, you're pretty close to a local venue for that. Not as exciting as Vegas, but convenient.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Drinking adult beverages is highly overrated.

:)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP

Agreed, but as we know, many see it as a rite of passing of sorts. Just be safe out there! :)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels

Agreed, but as we know, many see it as a rite of passing of sorts. Just be safe out there! :)

For sure.
It?s not like I didn?t.
For me it?s just a fast way to bring on a migraine headache.:rolleyes:.

My upbringing was in a German fashion. Alcohol was not forbidden or promoted.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Vegas is a perfect venue for age 21 right of passage! So much to see and do, literally an adult Disneyland! Booking well in advance offers best airfares, so hopefully your posse can make early commitment!

I must agree with Wes, (texsize) drinking is overrated especially to excess. Still, you can compromise by drinking responsibly, have a great time and bring home exciting memories.

OP
ParrotLover2001

ParrotLover2001

Dec 20, 2016
In my parents house
Parrots
A cockatiel, a bourke, and three budgies
I am well aware that drinking is overrated, my parents allow me to drink to some degree at home.

I just can't wait to go out and drink with friends, and I love the shopping opportunities in Vegas. It's been 2 and half years since I've been there, but still. Maybe I'll see some shows or something.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Circus Circus had some of the lowest room prices but it’s been more than 20 years since I have been there.

I went to The Red Onion (Mexican restaurant) for dinner and a margarita .
To my great disappointment they didn’t even ask to see my I.D.

chris-md

Feb 6, 2010
Maryland - USA
Parrots
Parker - male Eclectus

Aphrodite - red throated conure (RIP)
I dunno, Vegas is going to be expensive regardless. Assuming your only gamble the penny or $1 slots, gambling’s the CHEAPEST thing you can do. All the other stuff the place is know n for - stuff like the shows - are going to be infinitely more expensive. Unless that’s already calculated into your budget, you’re likely to be in for a bit of a sticker shock.

Me personally? Always thought Vegas is a bit overrated. There are plenty of other places I’d go before I voluntarily choose to go to Vegas. ANYWHERE in the Caribbean for example. There are affordable resorts that would offer all you can drink in their nightly pricing. Plus…beach!

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Shopping was awesome at the outlets in Vegas when I was there many years ago. I hope you can work it out with your friends to go!

We stayed at the Golden Nugget because of the shark tank/pool, but it is not on the strip, it is on Fremont St. so a vehicle would be needed to go to the strip. I can't remember how much it cost.

https://www.goldennugget.com/las-vegas/

Most Reactions

Latest posts