Feather loss

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
Hello, this is difficult to picture
....could you take a photo? Every other day? so that we can take a look together and see how this issue develops.

Meanwhile, I would give extra vitamins or fresh vegs and fruits to boost the natural immune system.

OP
N

Neil smith

Oct 16, 2021
Parrots
Moustache parakeet
Hello, this is difficult to picture
....could you take a photo? Every other day? so that we can take a look together and see how this issue develops.

Meanwhile, I would give extra vitamins or fresh vegs and fruits to boost the natural immune system.
Will do
We give a variety of fruits and vegetables everyday..one thing she craves is monkey nuts

OP
N

Neil smith

Oct 16, 2021
Parrots
Moustache parakeet

Attachments

• 20211113_110138.jpg
    20211113_110138.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 70

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
how old is she?
she might be molting heavily my bird has a missing patch of feathers too but pins are starting to grow

OP
N

Neil smith

Oct 16, 2021
Parrots
Moustache parakeet
She looks ok now
Putting vitamins in drinking water but probably just getting g new winter feathers

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
IMHO, adding vitamins to drinking water is not a great choice. Assure you are changing the water often during the day. Only fresh water at night.

Photos are alway difficult as lighting can change coloring (lighter /darker). Based on the Photo, you may want to consider misting (from above) your Parrot several times a week, if your Parrot is not bathing regularly.

Where are you located in this huge World as molting is a Seasonal occurrence and what region of the World you live can help define whether you are seeing a Seasonal based molting or something else.

Most Reactions

Latest posts