Feeding issues, any recipe's that your RN's love?

MissMac

Dec 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Parrots
Females, Lutino Indian Ringneck Missy and Silver Lavender IRN Gracie.
Hi all. I have Missy, raised by me and Gracie, raised by a breeder. Both are around 5 months old, Missy, not clipped but Gracie was clipped by the breeder - I'm growing out the feathers so she too can fly.

I'm having a bit of a battle with feeding them. Do they, as in Indian Ringnecks or parrots in general, get bored with getting the same food? Mine appear to have gotten bored with their food and I am sort of struggling to find ways to get them to eat nutritionally balanced meals.

Their breakfast consists of, peas and corn in one bowl, and chop and cooked egg - mixed together so that they get used to eating just the chop, in the other. Around lunch time I give them so sort of fruit, and or veggie and for dinner.... well I was giving them a sort of makeshift pellet mix as they don't like the pellets but as they simply don't eat it (cept for picking out the good stuff - not the pellets), so out of pure need, because they are hungry by dinner time, I would give them some Avione egg and biscuit mix, which they enjoy - even Gracie, who was reared on soaked seeds and wasn't keen on trying new things until she saw Missy eating it, seems to enjoy it. The only thing is, I think it wouldn't be too good nutritionally and high in fat as it is a baby formula of sorts... (baby bird that is). They also share the bowl. I don't know if that is a good idea or not so opinions on that would help too. Oh and bowl versus plate, do any of you have a preference?

So I am seeking some quick meal ideas - or even something I could bake and freeze in portions.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)

Most Reactions

Latest posts