Finally an Air Freshener!

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
Well it looks like someone has finally gone and made a bird safe air freshener! I can't imagine how long it took to develop but F10 now have a version of their disinfectant with a "pine scent" not sure how they achieved it but good on them making something safe.

odour_trans.jpg

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, MaximilianĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Hhhhmmmm

Iā€™m still skeptical. I also always encourage people to find the source of the odor to clean it; whatever is causing the smell can be harmful by itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
It surprised me recently to discover how scent sensitive I am since discontinuing the use of smell-good stuff (which I used to love). Itā€™s really strong and difficult to tolerate now. I think that tells me all I need to know about chemical air fresheners and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
F10 name reminds me of the F10SC Veterinary Disinfectant.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Yeah, I've seen this before, it's exactly the same stuff that is in the F10SC Disinfectants that have been around for quite a while, which are all completely bird and reptile/amphibian safe and are excellent because they basically kill everything, even better than Bleach or other strong disinfectants...

****HOWEVER, I don't think that the 'Extra Pine Fragrance" is going to be bird-safe, no matter who makes it!!! It's probably using a "natural" Pine-extract taken from the trees/needles using the Pine-Oil from them (I'm hoping, because if it's at all artificial then it's a complete no-go), but that still isn't at all "Bird-Safe", in fact Pine Oil is one of the most-toxic Essential-Oils you can burn or use in a Diffuser in your home around Birds, along with any kind of Cedar...So this isn't a good idea at all, your birds are still going to be breathing-in Pine "scent", meaning the oil I would guess...Any "scents" like this are not good and can cause your birds severe Upper Respiratory irritation, inflammation, and can cause them labored/heavy breathing, wheezing, and death...

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
A big fat NOPE from me.

Beyond not trusting strong chemical cleaners like that to begin with (Iā€™ll stick with steam and vinegar for home use and leave the heavy duty stuff to the vets office), Iā€™ll never forget the effects the pine based/scented cleaners my elementary school used did to me. Whenever a kid barfed in the hall or whatever reason they had to be cleaning during the day, as soon as the pinesol stench would permeate into the classrooms, I would start choking and coughing, my eyes would burn, my nose would burn.... horrible reactions to that stuff. While I canā€™t be sure if it was the pine scent or something in the cleaner (which I believe was pine based), Iā€™d never expose Kiwi to pine extracts or scents just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
EDIT: This IS NOT AN AIR-FRESHENER AT ALL!!!

I just went to the F10 website (which sucks by the way, lol) and looked at both the product label and the SDS for this Odor-Eliminator...

The first thing it says is "It is not suggested that you use this product in the presence of any animals, but rather spray this on surfaces, wipe them, and let them dry."...So that's your first red-flag...

****Yes, it contains natural "Pine Oil", so there is no way you can use this in a home with any birds/parrots!!!

After reading the description and their instructions on how you are suppose to use this stuff, IT'S ACTUALLY NOT AN "AIR FRESHENER" AT ALL!!! All that this stuff is intended to be is F10SC Disinfectant with added Pine-Oil (and A LOT of it at that!) so that when you are using the disinfectant to clean surfaces, just like you do with their regular F10SC Disinfectant, after you wipe it off it leaves behind a strong Pine-scent. As the Product-Label puts it, "After using our F10 Odor-Eliminator to disinfect surfaces, you will no longer have any residual odors from bacteria or fungi!"...

***SO THIS IN NOT AN "AIR FRESHENER" AT ALL!!! YOU AREN'T SUPPOSE TO SPRAY THIS STUFF INTO THE AIR AT ALL, IF YOU DO YOU'LL HAVE F10SC DISINFECTANT ALL OVER THE PLACE (WET) THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO WIPE-UP! BUT IT WILL SMELL "PINEY", LOL..

Sorry Triggs, not an "Air Freshener" at all, and definitely not "Bird Safe", but just the opposite. So actually, while using regular F10SC Disinfectant to clean your bird's cages and your home in-general to rid it of harmful Bacteria and Fungi is a great idea and one that I have been using for years for both my birds and my Bearded Dragon's Vivarium and her bowls, hides, climbing rocks, etc., PEOPLE WITH BIRDS AND REPTILES ACTUALLY CAN'T USE THIS STUFF AT ALL BECAUSE OF THE ADDED PINE-OIL IN IT!

I hope people with specifically Birds/Parrots don't start buying this stuff as a replacement for their regular F10SC Disinfectant and start using it on their bird's cages, bowls/dishes, toys, playstands, etc., because Pine Oil is extremely bad for birds to breath-in, the only type of oils that are worse than Pine Oils are Tea Tree Oil and Cedar Oil...Bad move on the part of the F10 company, they make the best overall Bacterial and Fungal Disinfectants in the world, hands-down, but adding Pine Oil to it and calling it an "Odor Eliminator", and then putting a little message in small-print in the literature that says "We don't suggest you use this around animals" is not going to keep people with birds from thinking that it's safe to clean their cages and their entire homes with! Look at what Triggs thought it was! He thought it was an actual Pine-scented "Air Freshener" that was safe to use around birds!!! And he's an intelligent, experienced Parrot owner! This is going to confuse people and probably result in lots of pet birds/parrots with Upper Respiratory irritations and worse...Bad move F10, bad move!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
A cleaner that is supposed to be safe to use around animals that is not in fact safe to use around animals. I wonder where they found the bright lights that came up with this product?

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
EDIT: This IS NOT AN AIR-FRESHENER AT ALL!!!

I just went to the F10 website (which sucks by the way, lol) and looked at both the product label and the SDS for this Odor-Eliminator...

The first thing it says is "It is not suggested that you use this product in the presence of any animals, but rather spray this on surfaces, wipe them, and let them dry."...So that's your first red-flag...

****Yes, it contains natural "Pine Oil", so there is no way you can use this in a home with any birds/parrots!!!

After reading the description and their instructions on how you are suppose to use this stuff, IT'S ACTUALLY NOT AN "AIR FRESHENER" AT ALL!!! All that this stuff is intended to be is F10SC Disinfectant with added Pine-Oil (and A LOT of it at that!) so that when you are using the disinfectant to clean surfaces, just like you do with their regular F10SC Disinfectant, after you wipe it off it leaves behind a strong Pine-scent. As the Product-Label puts it, "After using our F10 Odor-Eliminator to disinfect surfaces, you will no longer have any residual odors from bacteria or fungi!"...

***SO THIS IN NOT AN "AIR FRESHENER" AT ALL!!! YOU AREN'T SUPPOSE TO SPRAY THIS STUFF INTO THE AIR AT ALL, IF YOU DO YOU'LL HAVE F10SC DISINFECTANT ALL OVER THE PLACE (WET) THAT YOU'LL HAVE TO WIPE-UP! BUT IT WILL SMELL "PINEY", LOL..

Sorry Triggs, not an "Air Freshener" at all, and definitely not "Bird Safe", but just the opposite. So actually, while using regular F10SC Disinfectant to clean your bird's cages and your home in-general to rid it of harmful Bacteria and Fungi is a great idea and one that I have been using for years for both my birds and my Bearded Dragon's Vivarium and her bowls, hides, climbing rocks, etc., PEOPLE WITH BIRDS AND REPTILES ACTUALLY CAN'T USE THIS STUFF AT ALL BECAUSE OF THE ADDED PINE-OIL IN IT!

I hope people with specifically Birds/Parrots don't start buying this stuff as a replacement for their regular F10SC Disinfectant and start using it on their bird's cages, bowls/dishes, toys, playstands, etc., because Pine Oil is extremely bad for birds to breath-in, the only type of oils that are worse than Pine Oils are Tea Tree Oil and Cedar Oil...Bad move on the part of the F10 company, they make the best overall Bacterial and Fungal Disinfectants in the world, hands-down, but adding Pine Oil to it and calling it an "Odor Eliminator", and then putting a little message in small-print in the literature that says "We don't suggest you use this around animals" is not going to keep people with birds from thinking that it's safe to clean their cages and their entire homes with! Look at what Triggs thought it was! He thought it was an actual Pine-scented "Air Freshener" that was safe to use around birds!!! And he's an intelligent, experienced Parrot owner! This is going to confuse people and probably result in lots of pet birds/parrots with Upper Respiratory irritations and worse...Bad move F10, bad move!

100% agreed.

I was thinking the same? Some can confuse it for the F10 SC disinfectants, they sure have renamed it something else and definitely not bird safe for the same reasons you don't use pine shavings. The good F10 is the one below and highly recommended. .

eeHupkS.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts