fireworks (guy fawkes)!

scarperchick

Oct 25, 2010
chesterfield
Parrots
green ringneck- baby, also 2 yorkies- benny n ollie, 3 turtles- shelldon,tiny and didi and a rabbit- george and a budgie - sunny
oh no!! i'm so sorry babe xxx

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
i woke up this morning to find ren the canary dead in the bottom of the cage. she was very timid and scared of most things, i think the fireworks were too much for her little heart to take. i feel awful, like i should have done something more.

Oh I am so sorry to hear about ren, probably just too much noise and all.
You did what you could, covering the cages etc, and making them comfortable. Unfortunately these things happen, please don't be hard on yourself.

OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
thanks guys. hope tonight isn't too bad and no more casualties. xxx

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
=[
Oh that is so sad Melly. I'm so sorry.

It just goes to show that our discussions were accurate. It's time these things were banned for private use. If they can do it in Ireland they can do it here.

Alienation

Banned
Banned
Nov 2, 2010
Media
Victoria, Australia
Parrots
Awaiting my baby blue front...
Sorry for your loss, Melly!

We don't celebrate Guy Fawkes day in Australia (or at least the majority of people don't), but people set off their own fireworks for New Years, Christmas etc (illegally). My stupid neighbours were setting them off in the street with their young kids running around underneath them, and the other neighbours set them off in their backyard, and they were landing on our front yard and my dad nearly got hit by one. Scared the hell out of my wimpy dog. Poor thing was terrified. She hates thunder too. She's huge - a Groodle - or Goldendoodle if you're from the US - and she's really tall, and a total goofball, but she is such a sook! The slightest thing upsets her and it's straight in between mummy's legs for protection lol

Most Reactions