First Avian visit

Newbe

Feb 7, 2024
Parrots
Two Green Cheek Conures, female and male
I brought Sue my GCC to the vet, I thought she had a small crack in her beak but the vet said no he said it might have been from trauma from her mate but he said she's fine except for the way she looks. Her feathers, cause she's been on Zupreem pellet from the breeder so I knew no better but after doing research I have now switched her to Harrisons which he recommended also. He took a stool sample because I asked for it, will find out if she has a bacterial infection but he said she's fine but it will take 6 months of the Harrisons diet to start looking good again. He told me in the AM give her just small amount of seeds then switch over to the Harrisons and If I notice they are not eating the Harrisons take it away in the PM and give her some seeds again till they start eating the Harrisons. Hopefully they take to the harrisons in due time. he also recommended if they won't touch the pellets call harrisons for their bread diet... So let's see how this goes and I'm also changing the diet for my Jendays who just ate seeds from the breeder? I'm learning that their diet may be the most important ingredient for these birds.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
throw in some strawberries cauliflower and apple slices..

My Sun loves those. Did you get the weight? Mines at 101 Grams last visit and Vet said it was good.

OP
Newbe

Newbe

Feb 7, 2024
Parrots
He weighed him but I didn't pay attention, I can call them tomorrow for his weight. I do feed them apples, they love them Strawberries too but never cauliflower.

OP
Newbe

Newbe

Feb 7, 2024
Parrots
It looks like the GCC are eating the Harrisons not sure about the jendays?

OP
Newbe

Newbe

Feb 7, 2024
Parrots
Jendays are also on the harrisons diet

Most Reactions

Latest posts