First Conure

tj3752

Oct 2, 2011
Fortson Georgia
Parrots
Sun Conure
Hi, I just recently got a 14 week old Sun Conure, and his name is Sonny.
He will do this thing where he acts like he is kissing you. He will put his beak to your lips and act like he is kissing you. What is he trying to do?

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
I think he is thinking you are his parent and you are gonna feed him, like his parents did. Did you ever see a parent bird feed it's babies? They take their beak and put it into the babies mouth and feed it seed that way. Just a guess! My baby grey did it also for a few weeks when I first got it, then when it was eating on it's own it stopped.

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
He could also just be giving you kisses. Most birds learn pretty quickly to kiss, our little conure just learned it in two days, now whenever we make kissing noises at him, he will make his kiss noise back and will usually follow it by saying I love you. He also gives me kisses on my lips and my nose :) They can also pick it up if they see people kissing :)

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
My Dusky likes to make kissy noises and then "kisses" my fingers. All it is is me pinching her beak between my thumb and forefinger but she LOVES it and gets all excited when she gets kisses. She'd happily bite my lips if i tried to give her a kiss that way.

Most Reactions