First proper chop

SpinySpino

Jan 6, 2023
Parrots
Mojo- Jenday Conure
Ive been feeding Mojo veggies along with his pellets but since I want his diet to be a bit healthier, im planning on switching him to, or adding TOPs pellets(currently on Roudybush, although the pellets aren’t bad) to his diet. Finally got everything together to try and make some chop(hopefully he likes it lol). Feedback on anything will always be appreciated!
D1B79BF2-309D-4777-8F15-81A63BB9B33E.jpeg

This is what I used:

-Raw pumpkin
-Mini sweet pepper
-Bell pepper
-Broccoli
-Snap peas
-Baby arugula
-Baby chard
-Baby kale
-Cucumber
-Baby carrots
-Raw oats

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Ive been feeding Mojo veggies along with his pellets but since I want his diet to be a bit healthier, im planning on switching him to, or adding TOPs pellets(currently on Roudybush, although the pellets aren’t bad) to his diet. Finally got everything together to try and make some chop(hopefully he likes it lol). Feedback on anything will always be appreciated!View attachment 47043
This is what I used:

-Raw pumpkin
-Mini sweet pepper
-Bell pepper
-Broccoli
-Snap peas
-Baby arugula
-Baby chard
-Baby kale
-Cucumber
-Baby carrots
-Raw oats
What a wonderful menu for Mojo, it looks delicious! Does Mojo like it? That's the most important thing:)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
That is the most important thing! You can serve the best pellets or most nutritious chop, but if they ain't eatin' it, it's worthless! I always heavily use all sorts of hot peppers, to make the taste interesting for Salty. Parrots, BTW, have 1 taste bud to 100 of ours, so what is searingly hot for us is merely tangy for them.

OP
SpinySpino

SpinySpino

Jan 6, 2023
Parrots
Mojo- Jenday Conure
That is the most important thing! You can serve the best pellets or most nutritious chop, but if they ain't eatin' it, it's worthless! I always heavily use all sorts of hot peppers, to make the taste interesting for Salty. Parrots, BTW, have 1 taste bud to 100 of ours, so what is searingly hot for us
That is the most important thing! You can serve the best pellets or most nutritious chop, but if they ain't eatin' it, it's worthless! I always heavily use all sorts of hot peppers, to make the taste interesting for Salty. Parrots, BTW, have 1 taste bud to 100 of ours, so what is searingly hot for us is merely tangy for them.
View attachment 47060
As I dont have any spicy peppers on me at moment, would chili powder work as a substitute in the meantime?
I have this one:
3CFA66FF-981C-421D-9C9C-04A62946EBB0.jpeg

Thank for the information though! My boy can get somewhat bored of the same flavors each day so this could work to change things up a bit!

Most Reactions

Latest posts