First Time Outside....AND In Aviator Harness!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Well I have a harness that I got from a friend of mine,;) < Thanks Tom!!>
That I guess I am going to try on Jonesy.
Amy has been outside many times and she is very well behaved without a harness. I truly believe she doesn't know HOW to fly lol,or just isen't interested,prefering to walk,or ride on my hand or shoulder,and she also loves being in a tree ,usually that's where I put her to shower her. Then she proceeds to munch on branches..a bird thing she needs to do.

But according to Arleen,who's brother owned The Cockatoo Man for 21 years before I adopted him, Jones has never been outside,and being the very capable flier that he is,even with his arms clipped,he has no problems flying from his roof top to me on the couch,so I'd be VERY nervous about taking him outside without a harness..I just don't know what he'll think about it :eek:
I am not going to try and put it on him by myself,and since Jonesy has known Arleen for so long and recognizes her as soon as she comes in the room,I think today we'll get together and see if we can get him into the harness.

Jim

OP
ToMang07

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Willow the Umbrella Cockatoo
Well I have a harness that I got from a friend of mine,;) < Thanks Tom!!>
That I guess I am going to try on Jonesy.
Amy has been outside many times and she is very well behaved without a harness. I truly believe she doesn't know HOW to fly lol,or just isen't interested,prefering to walk,or ride on my hand or shoulder,and she also loves being in a tree ,usually that's where I put her to shower her. Then she proceeds to munch on branches..a bird thing she needs to do.

But according to Arleen,who's brother owned The Cockatoo Man for 21 years before I adopted him, Jones has never been outside,and being the very capable flier that he is,even with his arms clipped,he has no problems flying from his roof top to me on the couch,so I'd be VERY nervous about taking him outside without a harness..I just don't know what he'll think about it :eek:
I am not going to try and put it on him by myself,and since Jonesy has known Arleen for so long and recognizes her as soon as she comes in the room,I think today we'll get together and see if we can get him into the harness.

Jim

Good luck, and definitely don't rush it!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Tom, Willow looks very content sitting with you :D And she looks very pretty to boot! I am hoping Jonesy will enjoy his harness and get some much needed outside time.
Even though I live in a very nice area of town..I can ride my Harley one direction and within two minutes I am in farmlands and a couple winerys,and ride 2 miles the other way and be on the main drag with resturants and car dealerships and such..I don't have any hawks/falcons/eagles like you,so I think Jones and Amy are pretty safe here.

Jim

OP
ToMang07

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
20150907_173003_zpsnuztbew7.jpg

20150907_173005_zps7ajqjxqr.jpg

OP
ToMang07

ToMang07

Jul 14, 2015
Maine, USA
Parrots
Decided on some fall pics today...it was too cold to stay out too long.

20151023_154030_zpst4cfjogb.jpg

20151023_154042_zps2siuv7bj.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts