First vet visit!!

Arieluwu

Feb 20, 2024
Louisiana
Parrots
African Grey (HearSay)
Yellow Naped Amazon (Echo)
I hope this is the right place to post this!! Hello friends, ive been so busy with college and my bird, i totally forgot to update y'all! Hearsay (43 years) is finally going to his first vet appointment! Its schueled for the 10th, a general check up, dna sexing (unsure if hes a boy! We've just been calling him a 'he' for years!!!) and i'm bringing him treats as a reward for him being so brave Ive been training him to go in the car, as the vet im taking him too, is an hour away. ANDDD!! Hearsay is going to have a brother!! a 6-week old yellow naped amazon, we have named Echo! He's still at the breeders place (We did research and they are great!), and we will be getting him when he's weaned and i'm so excited:) We decided this, as Hearsay has been calling out for his old friend that past lately, and since hes gotten settled and comfortable here, i think its time he gets another friend! Don't worry, i did my research and will separate them! 🫡

Another ramble, Hearsay is finally flying again, after 41 years of being cagebound :( Hes a completely different bird, and has lately being saying all the words he was taught and hasnt said for years, ("kiss kiss!" "Good morning, captain!", "Gonna take a shower!", "Im not a bird! Trust me!"). I dont even know how to explain, im just so happy hes healthy and happy.

Here are some pictures. Hearsay is the grey, and Echo is the amazon (he fell asleep trying to suckle on my finger!!)

Attachments

• hearsay.jpeg
    hearsay.jpeg
    189.1 KB · Views: 2
  • echo.jpg
    echo.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 2

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Hearsay and Echo. Now THAT's how ya name a parrot!

And... good for you for instituting vet care!

Most Reactions

Latest posts