Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Update time.

I had to go visiting my Father last week up in Southern Oregon. Was gone for 6 days.
On return Bingo acted as expected.
Dancing his Steve Wonder dance and saying everything in his vocabulary.
His feather chewing has decreased and his chest feathers no longer look black.
the additional out of cage time and attention have done the trick.
Amazon's are definitely the bounce back king's.

I don't know how to describe the twins reaction to my return. They did not have a visible reaction to my greeting them. They do seem to be suffering from separation anxiety.
What I mean is when I leave the living room they start contact calling as soon as they can't see me. Before they would at least give me time to go to the bathroom.

Bella is not a bird that wears her heart on her sleeve. But....
No one bothered to take her for a Red But Shower while I was gone and I did not specifically leave instructions to do so. When I took her into the shower with me she was so excited she could not hold still. She got good and wet (something she does not do often in the shower) and was very happy.
Her normal place outside of the cage is standing guard on her cupboard. But she has been flying from there and I think looking for me. She even sat on my shoulder for 15 min. and did not poop on me.

Mango and Angel went into overdrive wanting scratches from me. The other Cockatiels were more restrained in there greetings.

Comments on the new forum engine.

congratulations on a very seamless transfer of all the data, it could not have been easy.
That said I don't like it.

#1 to many adds. on the top, on the side, and on the bottom to. Come on Man.;)
#2 I don't know why but the background white is so bright I have a hard time reading the font and threads.
#3 Call me a fuddy duddy but I am 60 going on 90 and I don't like change.
My Work was always making changes in the way of documentation and instructions. Just when you get use to one system they up and change it to something so messed up x@&*!.
So if you don't see much of me you know why, #3 was a big reason I retired after all.
But I can always be reached by PM.

Wes.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome back Wes!
Returns can be all over the board, Julio turns his back on me until I complete some unknown number of I'm so sorry, Julios!
Enjoy the Love, suffer the back turns. Soon everything will be back to normal.

I have found that the new phones provide that visual connection that work so very well! Or at least hearing your voice helps!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Lovely update Wes, hope you will make peace with the changes! Forum offers a "night mode" reducing stark appearance. Click the light bulb icon just to left of "Search" near right side of upper black border. Easy to compare by toggling between two formats.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Lovely update Wes, hope you will make peace with the changes! Forum offers a "night mode" reducing stark appearance. Click the light bulb icon just to left of "Search" near right side of upper black border. Easy to compare by toggling between two formats.
I too have similar dislike of new format too Wes..I did what Scott suggested clicking the light bulb and now my screen is much darker but will say alot easier on my old and feeble eyes! ( Thanks Scott for the info!)
Glad your back home and safe Wes..your flock will get over it,they always do :)

Jim

OP
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Yes, I used Scot’s suggestion.
much Ez’R on the eyes. I have my ebook readers (Kindel, moon+, iPad book reader) set up the same way.

having trouble with Angel. May make a post.
sudden change in behavior. Did not come to door for scratches. No stretching when we enter the room.
vet gave her a shot of vitamin and a shot of Ivermectin (heard about that somewhere or other) and a poop sample.
vet thinks Angel is a boy cuz her red spot is too bright.
did not argue but Angel is a pearl Lutino but the pearl is hard to see. white/yellow spots.
never makes heart wings, never bangs beak on hard surfaces, and never does anything but chirp (no singling).
texsize

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Yes, I used Scot’s suggestion.
much Ez’R on the eyes. I have my ebook readers (Kindel, moon+, iPad book reader) set up the same way.

having trouble with Angel. May make a post.
sudden change in behavior. Did not come to door for scratches. No stretching when we enter the room.
vet gave her a shot of vitamin and a shot of Ivermectin (heard about that somewhere or other) and a poop sample.
vet thinks Angel is a boy cuz her red spot is too bright.
did not argue but Angel is a pearl Lutino but the pearl is hard to see. white/yellow spots.
never makes heart wings, never bangs beak on hard surfaces, and never does anything but chirp (no singling).
texsize
Heart wings and beak beating are very pronounced with BB..sometimes I wonder if he gets a headache from beak beating so hard..and he sings his heart out!

Jim

Most Reactions

Latest posts