Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
✻Csillam the rescued budgie
✻Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
✻Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
✻RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I was informed today that my 28 year old IRN Zeleni, whom I had to rehome 4 years back has passed the rainbow bridge. He passed away this spring apparently, and I am so upset that I wasn't informed until now.
Apparently he passed away during his sleep in late night, obviously from very old age. 1 week later his bff another IRN passed away as well from stress/broken heart.

I feel so awful. I miss my green a**hole. He was a butthead, but he was my butthead for 20+ years.

For me the saddest thing is that I never had the chances to say goodbye when I should've. I still have pictures from my last visit from 2-3 years before. I feel like a mess.

Fly high, my chicken drum-stealing green yapper. I love you.

Attachments

• IMG_4171.JPG
    IMG_4171.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 120

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no, Skarila, I am so sorry to hear of Zeleni's passing! I am heartbroken for you, but I have to say that I adore this photo you have chosen to share with us - I see such joy and love on both of your faces and the eternal bonds that you share with him will never be broken, despite time or distance or space. My most heartfelt condolences go out to you Skarila, and many many feathered hugs, I am so terribly sorry for your loss.

"I will lend to you a bird," God said,
"And teach you all you have to do.
And when I call him back to Heaven,
You will know he loved you too."

Godspeed Zeleni. Fly straight and true to the Rainbow Bridge, most beautiful boy. You will be forever loved.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Please accept my deepest condolences for the loss of Zeleni. I'm sorry and so saddened you were not notified in timely manner. Magnificent image of you and Zeleni sharing unconditional love.

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
I just wish to thank you all for the kind words. I forgot to reply - It was too hard for me to accept my green troublemaker is gone. Still is so hard.

I chose this picture despite I look like the sea spat me out, but it does reflect my true feelings for Zeleni, always being so silly and making me laugh (if we put aside his troublesome hormonal behaviour in the last years he was with me)
On this picture I particularly remember he was knocking on my nose (coughPotatoCough), he loved knocking on stuff, but it always got me when he'd do it on my nose. Big thanks for my partner capturing the moment.

Funfact: Zeleni means "the green one" in Croatian.

Chrissiejingles

Nov 21, 2019
ENGLAND
Parrots
Mr Jingles OWA.....RIP
It is very hard when we lose our deeply loved, feathered friends. These extraordinary, clever, loving, funny little sweethearts (the list is endless), really do capture our hearts, which is why they stay in our hearts for the rest of our lives.
He clearly had a long, wonderful life with you and I like to think he is causing havoc at the Rainbow Bridge and looking down on you with love and beautiful memories of his life with you.
Thinking of you at this sad time.
What a lovely name Btw!!!!

OP
Skarila

Skarila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
2021 Parrot of the Year 🏆
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots

Previous owned:
✻RIP -Sunny the budgie
It is very hard when we lose our deeply loved, feathered friends. These extraordinary, clever, loving, funny little sweethearts (the list is endless), really do capture our hearts, which is why they stay in our hearts for the rest of our lives.
He clearly had a long, wonderful life with you and I like to think he is causing havoc at the Rainbow Bridge and looking down on you with love and beautiful memories of his life with you.
Thinking of you at this sad time.
What a lovely name Btw!!!!
Causing havoc at the rainbow bridge... I was crying and laughing in the same time. How right you are - he certainly would do that!
Thank you for the kind and encouraging words, they truly always help me when I feel down and sad.

Most Reactions