For Ratzy

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Hello there!

As it's so warm and lovely in Australia (I'm not jealous, honestly...) and you can't feed the birds, I thought you would like to feed some UK ones :)

I took the pictures before I tidied up the string so try and imagine those not there!!! It is -9 here today so I wasn't hanging about with my camera hehe!

von1983-albums-other-members-our-family-3-picture1329-ratzy3.jpg

von1983-albums-other-members-our-family-3-picture1328-ratzy2.jpg

von1983-albums-other-members-our-family-3-picture1327-ratzy1.jpg

I saw a sparrow sitting on the yellow one munching away just before I came inside so seems like it's a hit!

I'm sorry you can't see the birds for yourself but I hope this was a bit of fun for you. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
That is so sweet of you
I am sure Ratzy is going to appreciate it
You are a always thinking of the next person
I enjoyed it

Last edited:

bogo1

Jun 22, 2010
Media
Albums
Missouri
Parrots
Sam (GCC)
Gem (CBC)
Merry and Teechka (parakeets)
and non FIDS:
Harvey and Jed (dogs) Jolte and Churney (cats) Twister and Mac (horses) Nikolas and Aleksndr (ducks )
Very cool, Von! It's 17Β°F here this morning and I took out suet to augment the wild bird seed we put in feeders here. This is a tough time of year for outside birds. Our two ducks were following me around so I gave them some grain which they consider a treat.They are okay unless the lake freezes over completely and Peter can't keep a place broken for them. If that happens then we have to bring the ducks to the barn and Nick and Alex purely hate that. Twister and Mac aren't too keen on the space invasion either as we have to close off a section of the barn to contain the ducks safely. It isn't like the horses normally go in there but they don't like the door slid closed. And in this weather the cats stay in and cuddle near the dogs. I like the holidays but honestly I would rather just get to spring!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
I know how you feel Barb! I've stopped putting out fat balls - they froze! Suet seems to be holding up ok as is the seed!

You have duckies? I'm VERY jealous! I adore ducks!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Glad you thought it was fun and they sure seem to be enjoying them!

Most Reactions