For those of you who shower with your birds

FieryPhoenix

Jan 18, 2022
Parrots
Quaker Parrot Sun Conure
Do you shower in the mornings or evenings?

If the mornings, how early in the mornings?

I am usually an evening shower person but decided to take one this morning and the girls joined me and it was very nice. If I switch over to morning showers it will most likely accommodate them since when I shower in the evening they are already asleep.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I would shower with Willow when I am taking one while heā€™s awake and not right before his bedtime. I wouldnā€™t want him to go to sleep wet when itā€™s cold out. I donā€™t do early mornings.

Jasper doesnā€™t shower with me because he gets spooked by being somewhere unfamiliar. But heā€™s willing to bathe in a dish in his cage. Willow thinks a bowl of water in his cage is scary and wonā€™t go near it. (Although I havenā€™t tried in a few months and heā€™s been getting braver.)

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
me I don't shower with the birds because my parents don't allow me but the best time to shower with your bird is 11 am-12 pm because it is not cold like in the morning or night it hot and just a little cold its just the perfect timing to have a shower with your feathered friends

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
My flock is set into a schedule that they do not break easily.
Bella my CAG tells me in the afternoon ā€œred butt shower ā€œ
I usually take afternoon showers for warmer temperature.
Bingo my YNA likes showers but it can be hard to coax him into it. Once he gets a little bit wet he goes wild for the water.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I shower in the morning and some of my flock that trust me sit on the railing above the shower to steam.

About once a week I pick em up, put them down and they walk around the floor getting wet with lukewarm water after I'm done with all the shampoo and body wash soaps.

They still take other baths in the sink but I still maintain this steaming/once a week rinse.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
My Quaker is the only one who likes going in the shower, everyday at 6pm sometimes a bit before, he doesn't get wet or anything, he just likes being in the warmth

Most Reactions

Latest posts