Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have no other explanation.

Early this morning Merlin hit the bottom of the cage with a crash.
I was right there and there was nothing to cause his fall. He looked scared so I let him out of the cage. He flew to the top of the curtains and looked back at his cage like it did him an injury.

I think he forgot about the new toy in his cage. It’s a big toy big enough for a macaw but a macaw would make short work of it.
Here is a link to his new toy.
https://www.chewy.com/super-bird-creations-humdinger-bird/dp/173883

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Hmmm, new toy scared him or he was sleeping deeply and just toppled forward? Commonly, if the toy scared him, it would have been like night terror flight and he would have flown within the cage and crashed to the bottom.

I have seen our Julio just toppled over. The first thought was he had suffered a serious heart attack, but about a third of the way over his eyes opened and then his wings and then crashed. The look of disgust he placed on that perch was total.

But, forgetful, yup, can happen...

We far too often place perfection on our feathered family members, right up to the point that they miss-step or over shoot a landing and join the rest of us in this opps filled World.

rnadler103

Jun 27, 2020
My Tony (Red Lored Amazon) has fallen while sleeping. Sometimes I think a noise scares him and he doesn't wake up fully. Sometimes it could be a toy that brushes him. He usually looks very angry as he stalks back to his perch.

Most Reactions

Latest posts