Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I'll share 2 stories

Many years ago, when my family was just getting started, my YNA Winston was a superb mimic and talker. I am working in the basement, when I hear Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring and on and on. I yell up the stairs, to my wife "Will you answer the F#$%^& phone!! SHe yelled back "It's your F%$$^*%& PARROT!". SHe never liked that bird. Answer? New wife.

When Salty and I watch parrot videos on Youtube, he walks up to the screen, introduces himself "Salty" and then asks "Are you a bird?? A pretty bird??". Does this all the time and i never fail to start laughing.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Very smart of him. He get exactly what he wants:: you to pay attention to him!

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I'll share 2 stories

Many years ago, when my family was just getting started, my YNA Winston was a superb mimic and talker. I am working in the basement, when I hear Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring, Bbbrrring and on and on. I yell up the stairs, to my wife "Will you answer the F#$%^& phone!! SHe yelled back "It's your F%$$^*%& PARROT!". SHe never liked that bird. Answer? New wife.

When Salty and I watch parrot videos on Youtube, he walks up to the screen, introduces himself "Salty" and then asks "Are you a bird?? A pretty bird??". Does this all the time and i never fail to start laughing.
Hahaha, new wife! That'll show her!
My Justice learned our phone ring, and I ran to the phone at least 100 times and looked like an idiot saying hello to a dial tone. I finally stopped doing it until I started missing real calls.

Koko_the_fluf

Oct 16, 2021
Media
Seoul, South Korea
Parrots
Koko (green cheeked cinnamon conure gotcha date 5.18 2020)
Okay so, because of Covid-19 my school switched to online class but Koko with his tiny little brain found out that he can get my attention when constantly screaming when I talk. So, I embarrassed myself on the first day of school because Koko kept screaming so now, I have to keep Koko on my lap until online class ends :ROFLMAO:

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
Zenek few minutes ago was screaming: Have nothing! No good! Have nothing good! Where's good? Have no good!!

It's funny and cool how he connects words he knows to create sentences :) After this we had to give him something different to eat and he stopped screaming this :) He got what he wanted :)

Skarila

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
2021 Parrot of the Year šŸ†
Apr 19, 2021
Media
Albums
Hungary
Parrots
āœ»Csillam the rescued budgie
āœ»Pascal the Emma's (Venezuelan) Conure

Previous owned:
āœ»Archibald the cockatiel (fostered 6 months)
āœ»RIP - 28 YO Zeleni the mischievous IRN
āœ»RIP -Sunny the budgie
God knows I needed a good laughter today :D excellent idea for the thread!

Zeleni (IRN) was my thief - he would always jump after our food. One time he stole an entire roasted chicken drum from my partner's plate - and flied with it around. He was extremely agile even with all that extra weight..! Was hard to catch him... And to wash the oily stains from the curtains. Bless his soul.

My partner's senegal Aina makes me laugh so much. Whenever someone coughs, she will imitate the cough, and it's hilarious. The longer we cough back and forth, the more dramatic her cough gets, and it always makes us cry from laughter.

Sadly none of our birds can talk, but they all bring joy every day (and nerve breakdowns, and anger and all...but that's ok)

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Bingo and my left nipple.
Yes you read that right.

You see Bingo has been biting me shirt a lot lately.
But he always ends up trying (successfully ) to find my left nipple and bite it, sometimes quite hard.
I only recently figured out why.

I like listening to audiobooks through Bluetooth earbuds.
If Bingo is sitting with me he will pull them out of my ear if he sees them.
So I try to slip them into my shirt pocket so I don't loose them and he doesn't break them.

Well that's what he is trying to find when he is biting at my shirt, the earbud hidden in my pocket. If the earbud is not there he bites the only thing he can find, my left nipple.

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Chalire is the talker between my two birds. His repertoire is quite long and he's started yelling 'OMG WINTER!' (my dog) and 'Let's go!' (Cue for the dog to move) as of late. It's hilarious because Winter will walk into the bird room and all you hear from Charlie is 'OMG! Winter!'. He greets me with 'Good morning'. it's funny what they name us, sometimes, LOL! And he does it in context. I feed him, he says 'Thank You' and he mumbles 'water water' when I give him a dish to drink out of.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes you read that right.

But he always ends up trying (successfully ) to find my left nipple and bite it, sometimes quite hard.

So I try to slip them into my shirt pocket so I don't loose them and he doesn't break them.

Well that's what he is trying to find when he is biting at my shirt, the earbud hidden in my pocket. If the earbud is not there he bites the only thing he can find, my left nipple.
OUCH!

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Yes you read that right.

That is deeply unfortunate, but I also snort laughed so loud I disturbed Kirby! Poor you, clever Bingo!

Kirby also likes to attend my online classes. I had to put his ā€œdinner tableā€ stand on my desk when itā€™s not in use so he can attend properly, or he shouts HELLO KIRBY the entire time.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur momā€™s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Some instances Iā€™ve had with my own parrots that got a good chuckle outta me.

April 30th, 2021. This was a month after the passing of Tea.

Ice and I were doing some recall training in my room. He was absolutely KILLING it! I called him over and he ripped the treat out of my hand and flew off with it before I even could give it to him. Hereā€™s the pic of his devilish little face after the crime:

FA7E5536-D1B2-4307-870A-5A4C6935CBB3.jpeg

January 13th, 2021. It was a month before Tea had passed away, and he was just now getting more comfortable with me. Him and Ice were hanging out on my head, shoulder, and back for the first time ever. Tea had kicked Ice off of my shoulder and watched him fly away to their cage. These were the pics I got.

E89EFBAA-5AA6-45AD-AFCB-2FB0EF9A51EA.jpeg
38AD72E8-AF88-4C8A-85E2-9D32A4B79F26.jpeg
903BA31E-2DC3-448B-9672-FE1E1500370A.jpeg

Summer 2022 (I donā€™t have any pics or vids so I donā€™t know what month, but I want to say July or august)

I swear. A LOT. I am a huge potty mouth when my parents arenā€™t around and I say the f word a lot. And from the time I had my ps4 to the time I had it taken away, I would say wtf verrrrry often when playing ARK. And Rico shares my room with me (shocking, I know) aaaand you can probably see where this is going, right? Yeap, he too began saying wtf, although it was harder to translate than peekaboo for example. But he would say WTF at me when I would say wtf at my game or if I got angry about something (cage building for example). So, just like the catcall whistle, and the noise that made me want to scoop out my eardrums with a rusty fork, I just shushed him whenever he did that noise. And, it worked. And my mom never found out about Ricoā€™s potty-beak.

July of 2020

Ice was fairly comfortable with me by now. Doing recall, spinning, and not getting so frightened by my existence. My mom and I did NOT like each other at ALL at this time. Ice picked up on that and he began divebombing her. Tea started doing it too. Every time she walked in? She was swooped and screamed at by 2 senior budgies. She didnā€™t like them much either, although Ice did kind of grow on her over time. But they would swoop her as soon as she stepped foot in my room. It always made me laugh.

Christmas Eve 2022

I was just snacking on some chips, mindlessly watching YouTube videos of I think ARK? Anyway, and it wasnā€™t my favorite flavor but I eat most chips so I didnā€™t really care. I then hear the terror-inducing sound of wing beats. I look to the left and see the familiar face of the feathered gremlin barreling towards me. Before I could cover my precious snacks, he landed his weird alien feet on my snack, and grabbed a chip. With the snack in his grasp, he flapped away and landed out of my reach. He proceeded to eat the chip while staring into my soul.

December 23rd, 2022

Ah, this memory was a fun one. Picture this: 3 foot deep snow, maybe 75MPH winds?, and -10Ā°F temperatures outside. It was a fun yet terrifying windstorm that was violently raging outside, the wind howled and snapped trees. Branches and twigs pelted your roof, pinecones hit your windows, and the sound of frozen grains of ice - similar to sand in a way, scratching your windows like being stuck in a frozen sandstorm hell. Rico and I were watching the chaos from our windows, I excitedly squealed as branches rained down from the nearby trees, and as ā€˜snow devilsā€™ swirled and danced like small tornadoes. It was 9AM and the sun had risen just enough where you could see enough to not be frightened at the thoughts of moose or some other animal lurking out of sight in the silhouettes or shadows. Rico was uneasy about the falling tree limbs and pinecones. He would flee from the window if a snowdevil got too close to the house for comfort. He would often see me fleeing from them in the driveway, and probably assumed they were dangerous. They arenā€™t, they just scratch up your face by twirling what feels like sharp, coarse grains of sand at your cold, sensitive skin, sometimes even cutting you. But to a bird, if your flock flees from something, it probably isnā€™t safe. Rico was being Rico and singing his daily serenade, and doing his peekaboos. When suddenly, a pinecone comes flying at the window and bounces off of it. This startled Rico and he flies around, screaming. But when he landed, he began doing big wings at the window, and looking pretty fierce for a cockatiel. He had his wings spread wide, his tail flared, and his feathers ruffled. He was NOT happy. This was what the storm looked like during the day:

FD6F8D26-9087-4B93-BFD2-FB2F705F636C.jpeg

57A86DE8-D344-4C4F-B989-51F51BC89BC2.jpeg
74271F65-1871-4EEF-9A24-CD2648AECBF3.jpeg
D1FBA737-9347-4BBE-9144-8836350BD5A7.jpeg

7B0C5C49-70B8-4285-8A53-D0C821EF47A5.jpeg

That night though, when we were winding down for a nap, I saw Rico take off, flying and shrieking, just losing his absolute mind. Thenā€¦

T H U D

it was so loud and startling that even I screamed, which is something I donā€™t really do when startled. Rico had landed, his feathers were sleeked back and his eyes wide, staring out the window. I peered out my window and saw a HUGE maybe 10 foot long branch? It was like maybe 1/10th of the tree 150 or so feet from my window, and it hit just under my window. If it were any higher, it woulda hit and shattered my window. The thing weighed a good 50 lbs and was a MONSTER of a branch.
BE8BC81D-5AF0-4239-A6B6-92D922B8BB76.jpeg
762780E8-2257-4531-AC05-291E0D8C770D.jpeg

There isnā€™t really a funny part to the branch part, but it was the same day as the pinecone story and I just felt like this pet would be interesting. Also, these 2 pics were at around 3 or 4PM. Thatā€™s an Alaskan December for ya.

These were all the stories I could remember. Hope you guys found them even remotely amusing haha

Keet_Krazy

Feb 19, 2023
Parrots
Budgies:
Obsidian (M), Snowflake (F), Sunbeam (F), Emelia (F, English), Alinta (F, Bush), Mahlee (M, Bush), Moonstone (M)
Galah:
Quarter (Not DNA'd)
Other:
Quail and Chickens
This bird speaks goat... very well... I personally find it hilarious :LOL:. He does it to get my attention and I am not entirely sure why...
20230618_163416~2.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts